LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sale agreement

(Querist) 05 July 2016 This query is : Resolved 
in 2012 i entered into a sale agreement for 15 cottahs of land with a broker at 3.25 lac per cottah...he paid 10 lac in advance and subsequently paid 17 lac more...10 lac was mentioned in the sale agreement and 17 lac i wrote on the back of it...the agreement stipulated that the broker will get the lands transferred to people of his choosing and within one year...

however in 2 years he only had us sell 12 cottahs of land and 3 cottahs still remain...

now he is not letting us sell nor selling himself...

the sale agreement was unregistered...

now what shall i do to retrieve the land?
adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert) 05 July 2016
agreement of sale is executed in the year 201, now it is 2016 so it is time barred and moreover it is unregd., If broker wants to file suit for specific performance he has to pay the court fee on the total sale consideration amount and penalty because you have given him the possession. You need not to worry, you can sell the land.
Kumar Doab (Expert) 05 July 2016
Prefer to engage a very able counsel, in case a dispute is precipitating.
Maharajaah (Querist) 05 July 2016
thank you rajeev sir for the response...

i have not given the broker possession but to those buyers which were arranged by the broker...

does that make any difference?
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 06 July 2016
Send Registered notice for cancellation of the deal.

Discuss with local lawyer.
adv.bharat @ PUNE (Expert) 06 July 2016
U can cancel the deal.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query