LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Regarding separation

(Querist) 08 September 2013 This query is : Resolved 
Hello Sir,

There is a female friend of mine who has been married to a guy for 1.5 years now.But they are not in good terms.His parents torture her mentally.They both have been physical since a year now.They both want separation.So,could you please tellme if there is any process in which both the parties can get legally separated without going into the long process of divorce.Both the parties are ready for separation.The guy is willing not to pay any alimony and also the girl is not willing to receive not to receive.

Please help .
Thanks in advance
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 08 September 2013
Without divorce divorce through the process of law, the marital tie can not be broken.'However to avoid delay they may go for mutual divorce.
VIKAS SINGH (Querist) 08 September 2013
Thanks a lot for replying to my query.
Just a lil doubt.

How much minimum time can mutual divorce take if it happens by mutual consent of both the parties ??
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 08 September 2013
After filing first motion 6 months for second motion. No other date in between. After 6 -7 months divorce would be decided finally provided both parties agree.
V R SHROFF (Expert) 08 September 2013
13B is a remedy : Divorce within 7 months.
ajay sethi (Expert) 08 September 2013
both have to stay separate for one year before applying for divorce by mutual consent .
maximum period for obtaining divorce after filing would be around a year
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 08 September 2013
Well advised by experts on all aspects.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query