Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Reg non submission of fees to the lawyer by his client

This query is : Resolved 

02 January 2012

the client has not paid any fees since last eight years

V R SHROFF (Expert)
02 January 2012

if your client not coming to yo in your office, you can send the client a Notice, to withdraw your VP, for want of instruction, and Apply in Court withdrawing your VP with Regd AD Receipt and Copy of Notice.
Never utter word for fees, as that is not the ground for withdrawal of your Legal Services.
If it does not cost or cause you, continue, and finalize his case.
This happens with almost all Advocates!No use counting years till he paid his fees last.
We are not delivering any material, that we can take back. We are helpless if client don't pay even after consultation. It adversely affect next client. so forget.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (Expert)
02 January 2012

Many clients create such problems and in the process spoil their case since next advocate can not have confidence.

Than they come crying on public web sites like this complaining.

Raj Kumar MakkadOnline (Expert)
02 January 2012

Treat it as a donation from your side to your client. You do not require such fee as you are not a competent lawyer.

prabhakar singh (Expert)
03 January 2012

seldom it goes for eight years,though it happens often but not for such a long period.Forget if client has changed you.In case he has not then serve him a notice of repudiation of case on the ground of his neglect and reluctance shown in paying fees.

Devajyoti BarmanOnline (Expert)
03 January 2012

I have nothing to differ with the views above.

03 January 2012

DEAR,If the said matter in which you have filed VP is pending , you have to give ultimatum to deposit the fee or if the said matter is disposed off within three year you can file summary suit in competent court otherwise you have to forget the fee and treat as donation.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x