LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Property dispute

(Querist) 28 July 2022 This query is : Resolved 
The Property is in West Bengal.Under Dayabhaga law a married daughter born before 1956 , married before 1956 and died in 1975.His son have right grandfather( mother's father) unwilled property ? I am son of the daughter .
His grand father died in 1971
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 28 July 2022
Your mother has an equal share with other legal heirs. You and your siblings have an equal share in that property for her share.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 29 July 2022
Under Dayabhaga law daughters have right in their father's as well as ancestors property by birth so daughter's son can claim their share.
P. Venu (Expert) 31 July 2022
Yes, your mother had been a co-parcener in the property.
SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert) 01 August 2022

You are entitled to share in the ancestral property. Marriage before 1956 is immaterial. The law has a retrospective effect.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query