Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Possession letter vs. allotment letter

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 21 January 2012 This query is : Resolved 
What is the difference between possession letter and Possession slip.

I am the original allottee of a DDA flat and I hold a possession slip from 1981 but do not have a possession letter. I have the conveyance deed along with the allotment letter.

Will I be able to sell my flat without a possession letter?

Can someone please explain this to me

Thank you
s.subramanian (Expert) 22 January 2012
Once the conveyance deed is executed there is no need for any separate letter of possession The conveyance deed itself would contain a recital regarding possession. Hence the possession slip now with you will suffice.
Shailesh Kr. Shah (Expert) 22 January 2012
Will I be able to sell my flat without a possession letter?
Answer: yes, you can sell flat as you have already conveyance deed. If purchaser ask for possession letter, then you can request dda for second copy.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 22 January 2012
There is no difference of possession letter and possession slip. You are very well having actual possession of your flat on the basis of possession slip since 1981 and also having conveyance deed so all documents are complete for sale of your flat.
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 22 January 2012
The deed of conveyance itself is better proof than a mere Possession Letter.
Do not worry , you have enough title to deal with it in manner you like.
V R SHROFF (Expert) 22 January 2012
yes you can sell ur flat. u issue possession letterto new purchaser
ajay sethi (Expert) 22 January 2012
agree with experts you can sell the flat . deed of conveyance is sufficent
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 22 January 2012
I am having a lot of problems with this possession letter. The buyer said that HDFC bank needs this piece of document to get a loan even despite of having a possession slip, allotment letter, conveyance deed, free hold paper, mutation letter, and relinquishment papers. How do I proceed?

Thank you
M/s. Y-not legal services (Expert) 22 January 2012
still you not clear?

your last question is vague.. just act as per expert's advise..

Shailesh Kr. Shah (Expert) 23 January 2012
Make application to DDA for copy of possession letter.


In UP, Development Authority issue possession letter separately and about possession conveyance deed doesn't carry such clause.
So, it seems that same practice in dda also.
M/s. Y-not legal services (Expert) 23 January 2012
oh.. thanks for your information mr.shah..

Shonee Kapoor (Expert) 01 February 2012
Better consult a local lawyer.


Shonee Kapoor

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query