Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pet name is recorded in the land document and i want to sell

(Querist) 21 October 2020 This query is : Resolved 
I have land where my pet name is recorded. When I want to sell it the buyer is not agreeing to write a check with my legal name he is saying he will write the cheque to the same name as mentioned in the land documents and I do not have any legal documents such as adhar card or pan card bearing my pet or alias name.
How to solve this problem?
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 22 October 2020
Apply to revenue authorities for addition of recorded name with pet name.
Hemant Agarwal (Expert) 22 October 2020
1. You will have to conduct "Name Change /Correction" proceedings via a Govt. Gazette Publications wherein you will have to declare all your name aliases. This irrefutable Govt. Gazette document shall need to be annexed with the Sale Deed and/or each and every other documents for all futuristic legal purposes.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 22 October 2020
I do agree with the advice of expert Hemant Aggarwal.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 22 October 2020
Your land was registered with your pet name. So this should be rectified for which you have to request your seller to execute a "Rectification Deed" as your pet name xxxxx alias your original (legal) name.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 23 October 2020
If possible obtain rectification deed.

Otherwise, proceed for alias name addition in your name through due procedure.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query