Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Payment of rent

(Querist) 18 August 2012 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Sir / Madam

I live in Delhi at my rental room; I have made a rent agreement at April 2012 with my landlord on Non Judicial Stamp Paper of Rs. 50/- in which mode of payment for rent is not mentioned. Since April 2012 I paid rent regularly in cash but did not take any receipt for same. So My Question is that

After period over of rent agreement, Can landlord lodge any complaint or go in court for the payment of rent? While I will pay him regularly in cash without any receipt.

Please reply earlier.
R.K Nanda (Expert) 19 August 2012
Pay by cheque only or take receipt for cash.
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 19 August 2012
Yes he can dispute the payment of rent.You have to then bring eye witness to prove the payment.
prabhakar singh (Expert) 19 August 2012
It is the duty and burden of tenant to prove
that he has paid the rent.
M V Gupta (Expert) 19 August 2012
Nothing more to add except to say that you are very negligent in not obtaining the rent receipts.Better obtain a composite rent receipt for past payments and pay all future rents by cheque or in cash against proper receipt with revenue stamp.
RAJU O.F., (Expert) 20 August 2012
Tactfully obtain receipt for the total payments of rent by cash, informing that it is required for income tax purpose. Future payments be made only by cheques.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query