LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Our society ex secretary & treasurer embezzled society money to tune of rs.8 lacs

(Querist) 26 March 2017 This query is : Resolved 
We are the registered housing society of 50 members, our societys ex secretary & treasurer embezzled society money to the tune of Rs.8 lacs by way of withdrawing from bank/ inflating the expenses bill.
Now secretary is vanished since last one year but his family stays in the same building - the secretary is not traceable and the tresurer put all the blames on the ex secretary saying he is not aware of all these embezzlement.
However we have lauched complaint with the registrar of the society but till date nothing is done from the registrar office.
My question is what remedies/ action we take under such situation please anybody can guide us.
Guest (Expert) 26 March 2017
For embezzlement of funds, the police is the authority to deal with the case. Most probably auditor appointed by the Registrar's office may also be involved.

So. lodge a report with the police.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 27 March 2017
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 27 March 2017
Only remedy with you to lodge a police complaint as advised by expert Sh. PS Dhingra, I agree with him.

I do not subscribe to the opinion/advise of Usha Kapoor since Cooperative Court has no jurisdiction to entertain any complaint against so called "non-functioning against Registrar's Order"
Adv. Yogen Kakade (Expert) 27 March 2017
You can certainly file a criminal complaint against such act. But it is also advisable to press the matter which is before the registrar of societies.
Guest (Expert) 27 March 2017
Registrar does not enjoy any power to recover the money so embezzled. He can only appoint administrator on the plea of mismanagement of the society by scrapping the elected body of the society resulting in the issues becoming more embarrassing for the society members not remaining capable of getting solved their own problems in the society.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 27 March 2017
Agree with the advice from expert P. S. DHINGRA.
Guest (Expert) 27 March 2017
Rajendra ji,

Thank you for your agreement with me.
mahmood mithani (Querist) 29 March 2017
thank you very much all for the advice and suggestion - i am obliged

Guest (Expert) 29 March 2017
You are welcome.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query