Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Old tenant wanting to buy a new house will

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 02 January 2019 This query is : Resolved 
Hi there,
We are very old tenants more than 55 years. The rented house is on my father's name. my father purchased land long time back and it has developed and builder gave us one flat against it. We have not yet registered the new flat.we have memories with the old house (rented) and don't want to vacate it. We now stay in a rented apartment.
If we register the new flats on my father's name will we have to vacate the old house?
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 02 January 2019
You shall disclose your identity before posting query. Your query is not clear. However, you are in rented house. As your father purchased some land and now it was developed by the builder and gave you one flat. if you want stay in old house, if the owner of your old house agrees for it, then no problem.
P. Venu (Expert) 03 January 2019
The facts posted lacks clarity.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 03 January 2019
Let me try and explain : We are very old tenants for more than 55years but since the house is old and wearing off we no longer stay there.
The landlord wants us to vacate this house and stopped taking rent since 5 years. we don't mind paying the rent and don't want to vacate it either.
My father had a piece of land gave it for development and it's nearing possession and soon will be registered on my father's name. Now my question if we register the new flat will there be any problem with the old house.will we have to vacate it. We don't want to vacate it because we have old memories. We visit this place often.
What else should we keep in mind??
Sb Karma (Expert) 02 March 2020
Rented house is fully depend with your family and house owner....your new house do nothing with that old house.

But if house owner don't want to rented his property anymore,then its good to left that house.Otherwise legal action may be lies upon your family.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 02 March 2020
If your memories are associated with the old rented house which is vacant now a days because you are not residing there due to its dilapidated condition, what about the memories of its true owner?

You have no legal right to retain the said rented accommodation belonging to its true owner.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 02 March 2020
Your new flat has nothing to do with the possession of old rented accommodation.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query