LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Notice how many times

(Querist) 21 September 2019 This query is : Resolved 
We have filed consuerm complaint for deficiency in service as fridge was not repaired brought on 20-2-2019.
We have filed it at Coonoor Consumer Cort.
Notice sent for past 9 months, nearly 14 times. Each date only notice.

Party not available. Party not take notice.
like that RPAD come back.

So our qauestion is. How many times will consumer court send notice to respondents? Is there any limit? Cant they decide csae exparte?
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 22 September 2019
Which notice has been referred by you i.e., issued by District Conusmer Redressal Forum or counsel?
What is your locus standi and concern?
You may seek substituted service after orders of affixation of notice of the Forum, if it has been returned as unserved.
It would be appropriate to consult a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts/documents/ records/ case file and guide you properly.
Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Expert) 22 September 2019
Sending notice 14 times does not sound good, in case notice is not delivering then other remedy should be opted.
R.K Nanda (Expert) 22 September 2019
file application in court for substituted service of court notice by publication in 2 leading newspapers of ur state.
Isaac Gabriel (Expert) 22 September 2019
Plead with the forum for further steps ie press publication. Oral plea is enough in thiscase.
Banuvara Raja (Querist) 22 September 2019
Since the party has not recieved the notice at the given address, the notice keeps coming back and this going on for past 1 year.

So, I have filed a memo asking the forum to pass exparte orders and proceed further.

Still the judge gave one more date for issue of notice.

As suggested by Mr Isaac I will do oral submission of substituted service of notice.
SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert) 23 September 2019
Dear Banuvara Raja,
Court will not pass ex-parte order till notice is served on respondent. Make request for substituted service of notice.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query