LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Need help wrt neighbour's resistance for our drainage line

(Querist) 29 September 2021 This query is : Resolved 
Hello Am Chandra, a resident of Hydearbad city in Telangana state. Currently am facing an issue due to which me and my family are losing our peace of mind which I'll try to explain in best way possible. We had an ancestral property(mangalore roof house) in our native village located on the Hyderabad city outskirts. Due to expansion of city on outskirts, now our village is merged with a nearby village under newy formed muncipality made by Telangana government. Previously it was a village in mandal so the ancestral house land we owned comes under "GramaKantam" bhoomi. But now it became a ward in the muncipality, so we demolished the old house and right now we are in the process of constructing a groundfloor rcc structure in the same gramakantam land.On boundaries we have a 20 ft main road passing on the South side and between the main road and our boundary wall, there is a very small size of land,may be 5-6 feet length between road and our wall in triangular size due to road curving going forward. Also there is an electricity pole set on that piece of land. For our house,both the drainage outline and the municipal water connection lines will have to pass through that piece if land till the other side of main road.But one of our neighbours in the village are claiming that small piece of land as their own one. What we came to know from my mother is that previously during my grandfather times they use to tie their two cows in that place behind our boundary wall but still we had the drainage connection passing through the same land for our ancestral house. We never faced such objection from anyone previously when we had the old ancestral house but now this family members are not accepting to allow our drainage line and water line to pass through that land on the pretext saying that the land belongs to them. They dont have any document like grampanchayat tax bill, power bill nothing just a small triangular piece of land to prove their ownership and they have forcibly damaged the lines laid by us after we returned to our home in the city.We enquired in the municipal office on their claim and officials said the piece of land comes under main road setback but they are not listening to us or to the muncipal officials and creating nuisance daily. One of the family member is behaving as a rowdy by damaging our construction material and already laid drainage pipes.

So I want to know how to handle them legally, these family members who are objecting for our drainage line connections passing from land termed as road set back.
P. Venu (Expert) 29 September 2021
Please post concise facts.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 29 September 2021
Too long a story for consideration, opinion and advise.
Be brief and specific if you are interested in seeking obligation of experts on this platform
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 29 September 2021
Yes. Consult a local lawyer.
krishna mohan (Expert) 30 September 2021
It is understood you have no clear title and other party was in enjoyment of the land which now you intend to use for drainage and waterline. You can consult a local lawyer but before that try to have the issue locally sorted out with senior person who is respected in the village by both of you so that issue is sorted out cordial and peacefully. Alternatively approach local police with the help of a lawyer for formal complaint on nuisance. But handle the issue tactfully as you are out side the village and visit often.
Pradipta Nath (Expert) 30 September 2021
Long and prolonged query. Try to express in few words!

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query