Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Need advice

(Querist) 25 December 2021 This query is : Resolved 
Sir my father was police. He died in an accident. I have younger brother he is only 9th pass. I gave my father's job to him. Because I am graduated and preparing for govt exams. My brother joined police department as cook 2 years ago.
When my father died other woman came to claim all benifits of my father as first wife. So my grandmother and uncle support me my brother and my mother to give us justice it took 6 to 8 years. My brother and me proved as heir (varis). 1 year ago my mother also expired.
Q1. My brother not looking for me and my grandmother as he is on compassionate appointment.
Q2. He is wrongly behaving with us by the support of currupted policeman.(Mentally tourchering us) as he thought he is stronger because he is in police department.
Q3. He also demands my grandmothers property that is her self earned property.
Note - my father left behind no property and in our family there is no ancestral property.

Rushikesh Rohinkar (Querist) 25 December 2021
Please give advice to me for further
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 25 December 2021
Before giving a compassionate appointment, the official will take an undertaking from the person who applied for job that he will look after the welfare of the dependents. If you are the age of 25 you cannot ask to support you. If your grandmother and yourself are dependents on him then you can report the matter to the Department.

Rushikesh Rohinkar (Querist) 26 December 2021
Thank you for your reply sir,
Iam above 25 age.Now iam jobless and my grandmother gets pension as she was a nurse.
But the problem is my brother is demanding my grandmother's self earned property intensionally because some policemen wrongly advice him.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 27 December 2021
Self acquired property of your grandmother can be disposed by her as she wanted, where your brother's claim will not sustain.
She can file a complaint before Magistrate under section 12 of the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005 and / or a complaint before District Magistrate under the provisions of Maintenance of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007
SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert) 27 December 2021

1. He is bound to look after grandmother as he got your father's job on compassionate ground.

2. You can complian to local police station about his torture and also complain about corruption. Take help of local lawyer.

3. Your grandmother can dispose her property as per her wish. No one can compell or demand her property. Your grandmother can complain to local police station or to senior citizen cell.
Rushikesh Rohinkar (Querist) 28 December 2021
Thank you so much
Dr. J C Vashista sir
Shirish Pawar sir
And kavasatyanarayana sir.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 28 December 2021
You are welcome Mr. Rushikesh Rohinkar ji.
Sri Vijayan.A (Expert) 29 December 2021
Regarding the property, she can gift it to anyone including yourself.
She can claim maintenance from your brother.

You have to prepare well for competitive exams and join in any job.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now