LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Money recovery from wife

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 25 September 2022 This query is : Resolved 
Due to love & on good faith I have given Rs 5 lakh as loan to my wife. The amount was given to her via NEFT payment one year age.

Now she is saperated from me & refused to pay by saying it was given to her as gift.

I have no written contract with about the loan since she is my wife.

Can I file summary suit against her ?
I have only bank statement record.
Without any written evidence can I win the case ?

Advocate Bhartesh goyal Online (Expert) 25 September 2022
You can ffile recovery suit against your wife on basis of bank statement.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 25 September 2022
Yes, it can be recovered if it is within limitation and rules, which can be proved by bank statement.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 25 September 2022
Yes. I agreed with the views of the above-learned experts.
Pradipta Nath (Expert) 29 September 2022
You can file summary suit.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query