LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

marrige registration

(Querist) 16 February 2009 This query is : Resolved 
whther an german citizen can get married with a INDAN hindu girl after converting himself to hindu, IN india & such marrige can be registered under Hindu Marrige ACT
Jithendra.H.J (Expert) 16 February 2009
yes, certainly
AEJAZ AHMED (Expert) 17 February 2009

Well replied by:



M. PIRAVI PERUMAL (Expert) 17 February 2009
Yes the said marriage can very well be registered under Hindu Marriage Act.
sanjeev murthy desai (Expert) 17 February 2009
No, Hindu religion do not have convertion, so under special marriage act they can registered.

sanjeev desai
ARVIND JAIN (Expert) 17 February 2009
PALNITKAR V.V. (Expert) 17 February 2009
I would like to differ from the views expressed by mr. Sanjeev and endorsed by Mr. Jain. Please go through the definition of Hindu given in the Hindu marriage Act. You will find that a Conversion is recognised. hence, the german who gets converted to a Hindu has to be treated as a Hindu and the marriage can be registered under Hindu Marriage Act. Please correct me if I am wrong.
sanjeev murthy desai (Expert) 17 February 2009
Yes i agree with Mr Palnitkar Section 2 (1) (c) of Hindu Marriage act applies any person who is a convert or re-convert to the Hindus, Buddhist, Jaina or Sikh religion.

But practically and traditionally and customary rules of Hindu religion does not approve any convertion.

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (Expert) 17 February 2009
I do agree with the view of Mr. Planitkar.
Tribhuwan Pandey (Expert) 17 February 2009
If he converted into Hindu then marriage solemnized such marriage can registered under HM Act otherwise governed under Special Marriage Act.
Abhishek (Expert) 17 February 2009
i will go wid Mr. Palnitkar...he is ryt..
Kamlesh soni (Expert) 17 February 2009
I agree with Mr. Palnitkar fully and first part of the reply of Sh. Sanjeev Desai.

There is nothing in any custom to prohibit any one to become Hindu.

But my suggestion is to go for registration under Special Marriage Act.
Adv.Shine Thomas (Expert) 17 February 2009
The marriage can be registered under Hindu Marriage Act.
MANISH (Expert) 18 February 2009
Dear Mr. Jitendra,
Such a marriage could be registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955; the priest who performed the conversion ceremony will issue the conversion certificate, and such certificate is of paramount importance in such case, and shall be submitted at the time of registration alongwith other documents.
adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert) 20 February 2009
Hiralal Das (Expert) 05 April 2009
I do agree with the valuable opinions of the learned members. Thanks all of you.
SANJAY DIXIT (Expert) 28 May 2009
The reply is "YES".

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :