Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ARVIND JAIN's Expert Profile

Queries Replied : 540

+ View Full Profile


Personal Details


Born on 7th December, 1953

Uklana Mandi, (Hissar), Haryana.




 B.Com 1974, Punjab University. 

 LL.B 1977, Delhi University.


Professional Experience


Enrolment with Delhi Bar Council.

Member, Delhi High Court Bar Association, Since 1984.

Hony. Legal Advisor of Delhi Bar Association, from 2003 to 2006.



Practicing continuously and regularly in Supreme Court of India & Delhi High Court (both on Appellate and Original Side) for more than 30 Years.


Wide exposure in Constitutional, Civil, Criminal, Corporate, Banking, Arbitration, Taxation, Matrimonial, Rent, Women Laws and Intellectual Property Rights (Civil & Criminal)


Appeared in the High Courts at Ahmadabad, Allahabad, Bombay, Nagpur, Jabalpur, Indore & Chandigarh, National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission, MRTP, Debt Recovery Tribunal & DRTA, AAIFR, BIFR, CEGAT, CAT, CES, District Courts (Civil & Criminal), National/ State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission, Industrial Tribunal/ Labour Courts.  



Socio-legal Role


Represented India in an Inter-national seminar, organized by Government of Sudan at Khartoum in October, 2003.

I have been Member Expert Committee on ‘Implementation of Juvenile Justice Act, 1985’, formed by Ministry of Social Welfare.

Member Expert Committee on ‘Child Marriage and Laws’ formed by National Institute of Public Corporation and Child Development.

Member Expert Committee of National Commission for Women.



Literary Contribution


Authored seven books, mainly on Gender Justice. One of the celebrated books “Aurat Hone Ki Saza” was released by Hon’ble Shri Arjun Singh, HRD Minister in 1994 and another was released by Hon’ble Justice G.B.Patnaik, Chief Justice of Supreme Court of India in 2001.One of the articles “Uttradhikar ya Puttradhikar” has been prescribed by Delhi University for B.A. Courses.


Academic Pursuits


Visiting faculty of Open University of Kota and Makhan Lal Chaturvedi University for Journalism, Bhopal, to teach Press laws and laws relating to women.


Paper setter of “Gender Studies” for Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism. Lectures in Institute Of Mass Communication, J.N.U.

Visiting Lecturer of Delhi University, Lucknow University, S.N.D.T. Women University, Mumbai.


Part time teaching Cyber Laws to LL.M. students of GGSIP University.


Work for Women Empowerment

Delivered lectures on ‘Gender sensitization’ to Senior Income Tax Officials at Lucknow Training Institute, Trainee Indian Railway Service at Vadodra, Lecturers of Delhi University at Delhi. Delivered lecture on ‘Gender Equality’ to Judicial Officers of Punjab & Haryana at Haryana Police Academy, Madhuban, Karnal(Haryana) during 12th June – 17th June, 2008. 


Delivered more than 200 lectures, on women issues in different Universities, Academies, Colleges, Schools and Organizations across the country.


Participated in various National and Inter National seminars. Contributed a number of articles, in National print media. Talks and interviews on BBC, LOKSABHA,Zee TV, NDTV, Jain T.V, S 1, Total T.V., Doordarshan, All India Radio etc.




“SAHITYAKAR SAMMAN” of Hindi Academy, Delhi, awarded by Mrs. Sheila Dikshit, Chief Minister of Delhi, in June, 2000 for outstanding contribution in writing books on women and law.


“NATIONAL SHAMSHER SAMMAN” 2001, for distinguished work in the field of women discourses.








    What kinds of questions I can and can't answer?

    My area of expertise

    My experience in the area (years):

    Organizations I belong to:

    Publications or writing which has appeared :

    Educational credentials:

    Award & Honors:

  • DR SURESHA G says : Property Issue
    Dear Sirs I have a quiery . I will appreciate if the club members give their valuable opinion . My meternal Grand father is Late H Sanna Somappa Died in March 1975 My Grand Mother is Late Gangamma Died in June 1997 They have 10 childrens 1.H S Hanumanthappa -Died in March 1985 at the age of 52 years -Married 1955 2. H S Parvathamma Alive - with 3 Childrens age 72 years as of 2015-Married 1956 3. H S Revanasiddappa Died in 2004 at the age of 62 years - 3 Childrens (1 Expired ) -Married in 1966 4. H S Nagarajappa Died in 1996 at the age of 51 years - 5 Childrens Married in 1966 5.H S Jayamma Died in 2012 at the age of 66 years -5 Childrens (1 expired ) Married in 1959 6 H S Heggappa Died in 2006 at the age of 59 years -5 Childrens Married in 1968 7. H S Sharadamma Died in 2009 at the age of 60 years -4 Childrens Married in 1966 8. H S Bharamakka Alive age 64 years -3 Childrens Married in 1966 9. H S Rathnamma Alive age 63 years -2 Childrens Married in 1970 10 H S Gangamalamma Alive age 61 years -4 Childrens Married in 1975 Late H Sanna Somappa had property as follows 1.56 Acres of Irrigated land in Hale Kunduvada Davanagere City Carporation . Which is worth of 56 Crores as of 2015 property value 2. Khana Koppalu in Hale Kunduvada Davanagere City Carporation . Which is worth of one Crores as of 2015 property value 3. Houses in Hale Kunduvada Davanagere City Carporation . Which is worth of 50 lakhs as of 2015 property value The above three properties are distributed only among 4 male childrens 1,3,4 and 6 in 1980 ignoring the female childrens The legal heirs of 1,3,4 and 6 sold few properties The quiery is Is there any chance of getting shares for 2,5,7,8,9 and 10 Daughters of Late sanna Somappa (The alive and the legal heirs of deceased) If so could you please advise how to approach Awaiting the response from the member friends Dr Suresha s/o Late H S Sharadamma .(7th legal heir of Late Sanna Somappa)

  • Prateek says : sir plz write your valueble comment on this Prateek Handa 9027277736

  • jiten says : matrimonial
    * jiten says : matrimonial * jiten says : matrimonial my wife was living with in-laws from last 1year seven month she was blaming me that i am demanding dovery it was totally false she demanding me mentainence und..sec125 we have settlement in mandla court that i will pay her 3lakh in full and final as mant.. she said me she will give me divorce and we will live saperately 1lakh ipad there and it was decided that 50 thou..i will pay at raipur when we will five petition for in mutal concent and rest at the time when we get the decree after 6 month no she was not appear in the court what can i do in this situation shall I GET Divorce in this situation i have this thing in written.i have a son of 4year how can get her custady please replay. What is the ground for me to take divorce and how much time it will take

  • Legal Manager says : request
    Dear Sir, I would like to have your personal advise in below scenario. We have 6 small various companies in at one campus and same location with different name deploying less than 50 manpower on daily basis since more than one year. We have two union at work place. We have made settlement with majority of Union.The other union have not accepted the said settlement hence they have given separate charter of demand and later this dispute referred to labor court for adjudication. Meanwhile they have resorted to illegal strike in April 2007 and till date they are abstaining from the work. By the way we have submitted an application to Labour court to declare this act as illegal strike and case is now on leading evidence from our end. In such situation can we close our sister concern ? Do we need to seek permission from Labour court where dispute of illegal strike is pending. What is the procedure for applying closure of establishment? What reason we can lead to justify the closure? What can we do with the employees who are with majority of union and are working in this sister concerns? Would appreciate your help and reply. Thanking you, Regards, Rita

  • S P Goel says : D V Act case
    Dear sir, This is S P Goel, from Delhi 9810101999, my wife lodged a petition in Karkardooma court under Domestic Violence Act, and demanding Rs 45 lacs and Rs 15000 per month, my monthly income is Rs 8000 from Interest, I am unemployed, house is in my name, judge advised me not to sell in first hearing. My elder son lives separate in Delhi , in ICICI bank Rs 18 lacs pa , earlier he was helping, she left house on 20.10.2010 younger son is a student. Please advise sir thanks s p goel, Delhi 9810101999

Comment Please


Other LCI Experts

Rajendra K Goyal
Queries Replied : 53581

Raj Kumar Makkad
Queries Replied : 44370

Devajyoti Barman
Queries Replied : 34799