ARVIND JAIN's Expert Profile

Queries Replied : 540

+ View Full Profile

Personal Details

Born on 7th December, 1953

Uklana Mandi, (Hissar), Haryana.

Education

B.Com 1974, Punjab University. 

LL.B 1977, Delhi University.

Professional Experience

Enrolment with Delhi Bar Council.

Member, Delhi High Court Bar Association, Since 1984.

Hony. Legal Advisor of Delhi Bar Association, from 2003 to 2006.

SENIOR ADVOCATE OF UNION OF INDIA IN DELHI HIGH COURT.

Practicing continuously and regularly in Supreme Court of India & Delhi High Court (both on Appellate and Original Side) for more than 30 Years.

Wide exposure in Constitutional, Civil, Criminal, Corporate, Banking, Arbitration, Taxation, Matrimonial, Rent, Women Laws and Intellectual Property Rights (Civil & Criminal)

Appeared in the High Courts at Ahmadabad, Allahabad, Bombay, Nagpur, Jabalpur, Indore & Chandigarh, National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission, MRTP, Debt Recovery Tribunal & DRTA, AAIFR, BIFR, CEGAT, CAT, CES, District Courts (Civil & Criminal), National/ State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission, Industrial Tribunal/ Labour Courts.  

Socio-legal Role

Represented India in an Inter-national seminar, organized by Government of Sudan at Khartoum in October, 2003.

I have been Member Expert Committee on ‘Implementation of Juvenile Justice Act, 1985’, formed by Ministry of Social Welfare.

Member Expert Committee on ‘Child Marriage and Laws’ formed by National Institute of Public Corporation and Child Development.

Member Expert Committee of National Commission for Women.

Literary Contribution

Authored seven books, mainly on Gender Justice. One of the celebrated books “Aurat Hone Ki Saza” was released by Hon’ble Shri Arjun Singh, HRD Minister in 1994 and another was released by Hon’ble Justice G.B.Patnaik, Chief Justice of Supreme Court of India in 2001.One of the articles “Uttradhikar ya Puttradhikar” has been prescribed by Delhi University for B.A. Courses.

Academic Pursuits

Visiting faculty of Open University of Kota and Makhan Lal Chaturvedi University for Journalism, Bhopal, to teach Press laws and laws relating to women.

Paper setter of “Gender Studies” for Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism. Lectures in Institute Of Mass Communication, J.N.U.

Visiting Lecturer of Delhi University, Lucknow University, S.N.D.T. Women University, Mumbai.

Part time teaching Cyber Laws to LL.M. students of GGSIP University.

Work for Women Empowerment

Delivered lectures on ‘Gender sensitization’ to Senior Income Tax Officials at Lucknow Training Institute, Trainee Indian Railway Service at Vadodra, Lecturers of Delhi University at Delhi. Delivered lecture on ‘Gender Equality’ to Judicial Officers of Punjab & Haryana at Haryana Police Academy, Madhuban, Karnal(Haryana) during 12th June – 17th June, 2008. 

Delivered more than 200 lectures, on women issues in different Universities, Academies, Colleges, Schools and Organizations across the country.

Participated in various National and Inter National seminars. Contributed a number of articles, in National print media. Talks and interviews on BBC, LOKSABHA,Zee TV, NDTV, Jain T.V, S 1, Total T.V., Doordarshan, All India Radio etc.

Awards

“SAHITYAKAR SAMMAN” of Hindi Academy, Delhi, awarded by Mrs. Sheila Dikshit, Chief Minister of Delhi, in June, 2000 for outstanding contribution in writing books on women and law.

“NATIONAL SHAMSHER SAMMAN” 2001, for distinguished work in the field of women discourses.

What kinds of questions I can and can't answer?

My area of expertise
    IPR, FAMILY LAW,CRIMINAL LAW

My experience in the area (years):
    25YEARS

Organizations I belong to:
    INDIAN CHAMBER OF LAW

Publications or writing which has appeared :
    SEVEN BOOKS ON GENDER JUSTICE

Educational credentials:
    B.COM,LL.B(1977)

Award & Honors:
    HINDI AKADEMY DELHI,NATIONAL SHAMSHER SAMAAN

• anki says : relif in ex parte divorce
    my husban has got ex parte divorce decree in that matter sumannce was served to me by court belif but i didnot apear in court as my husband told that he has not filed any case for divorce & till april 2010 we meet each other on 23 dec 2009 court passed ex parte order i came to know about order in feb 2010 by post i made a set aside aplication my adv didnot filed dely condonation aplication & my aplication rejected by same court my husband remarried with another girl on 19 may 2010 can i get any relif

• anki says : relif in ex parte divorce

• Manoj Aggarwal says : Matrimonial
    Sir, my wife has gone 6 month back to her parents home and now she has send 125 notice saying that she has thrown away from her matrimonial home and no food or money is given to her during her staying with me and on mentally tourture also. she is qualified and working before and after marriage but now she has left the job. a child is also born and on the next day when child born she has gone out. she is under misguiance of her parents. now what should i do. should i reply or apply for counselling and say to court that i m astill ready to live with her.

• shrikant chede says : theft case u/s 135 of I.E.Act
    Electricity theft is detected under section 135 of Indian Elecricity ACT 2003 The accussed pay the assesment amount and compounding charges in order to avoid lodging of F.I.R . afterward made complaint to electrical inspector under section 127 of Indian Elecricity ACT 2003 , In above Act electrical inspector has no power to deal with matter connected with section 135 ,the elecrical inspector givesorder to refund the money to the accussed ,In this senario what should bedone? is it advissable to file writ in Hon'ble High court to quash the order issued by the elecrical inspector ,who has no power in law to pass the order What is the procedure to quash the order issued by incompetant Authority Thanks in advance for reply

• DR SURESHA G says : illegal will & gift deed
    Dear Sir/Madam My name is Dr. Suresha; I filed a civil suite against all of my family members for my share in the property 2003. Then we compromised before elders of the society and the shares were allotted as follows: 1. Plaintiff i.e. me. 2. My father and my mother 3. My uncle-1 4. My uncle-2 5. My uncle-3 6. My sister-1 7. My brother joint name with my father. A decree by Taluk Court for Shares of my father and mother issued with terms and conditions that Father and Mother have to enjoy their shares during their life time and after their death properties will go to Plaintiff. i.e. me. (Because I was living with my parents. Me and my father were looking after shares 1 & 2.) I agreed for this property distribution and I left properties to my parents as I was working in government sector). My brother he was notorious we had a fear that he may sell his share, which was earned by my father and hence I put my father as joint holder. Everything was fine up to 2007. Me and my parents living together and my brother was living separate. I, went out on various assignments in 2004 and abroad to Africa. During this period my brother came to my parents and taken in charge of all our properties I,e mine and of my parents and enjoyed all the income. In 2007 he developed conflict internally and taken my mother with him and went separate again. My father was alone and he started taking care of my share and the share of them. My wife was taken care of him. Once again I got the abroad placement in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Because of mild heart attach he was in hospital in Jan 2008. During this time my brother took my mother to Sub-Registrar Office and registered a will from her to his son. (The property was issued to my parents, with terms and conditions and for which decree was issued and this property deed was registered jointly in the sub registrar office). My mother alone registered the will without my father’s consent. After 5 days my father passed away suspiciously, my brother did not allowed me to participate in his funeral as I was abroad. I went a day after and performed my duties and came back to Saudi. From 2008 to till to day I cleared all the back debts which was upon my and my parents share (10.5 lakhs). My brother was enjoying all my share and my parent’s share which was previously written a will to me. Recently my mother also passed away, just before her death my brother misinterpreted her and transferred all properties, which was in joint name of my parents, through will and gift deed. I request your kind self to clear my doubts. 1. Is there any possibility of losing my property which was supposed to be transfer after the death of my parents? 2. Apart from this my father had few properties in his name. Which were, ancestral and self purchased. After his death my brother transferred these to my mother and then she registered will to my brighter. 3. Is there any possibility of filing suit against my brother who had my father as a joint share holder ? Please clarify my doubts. Since 6 months i am waiting for your opinion . Now my brother illegally wit the help of some gundas occupied my house which was supposed to transfer to me after the death of my parents . He changed the khata by producing the gift deed made by my mother Please let me know about the consequences. Very Truely yours Dr Suresh

Comment Please

Other LCI Experts

Rajendra K Goyal
Queries Replied : 53581

Raj Kumar Makkad
Queries Replied : 44370

Devajyoti Barman
Queries Replied : 34799