Legal separation

Hi,

Am 29 years old married. My father is no more.Problem is with my mother. She is not transparent. Her debt is uncontrollable..to the extent I can I ve settled some debts..but she keep on borrowing and not informing us also..I ve tried to the extent I can..no use..legally I want to be free..what is the solution..

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900Online (Expert)

This is not a legal query. If you wish you can stay separately from your mother. You can send money for her daily needs.

Hi sir..she is giving blank cheques to lendors..and they are demanding money from us..legally am I liable..should I take any steps?

Sankaranarayanan (Expert)

Whos cheque been given and what basis it was given? what reason she borrow money? for family ?

Yes. It is not a legal query. Is the checkbook in her name? Did she subscribe to a bank account? You shall provide a livelihood to her and you separate with her.

No, you are not liable for any consequences of any wrong act done by your mother

Drawer of the cheque is personally liable for its consequence, wherein you are not involved.

During her lifetime, you are not liable for the debts incurred by your mother. even after her lifetime , your liability is limited to the estate you may inherit from her.

×