Legal separation

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
16 April 2021


Am 29 years old married. My father is no more.Problem is with my mother. She is not transparent. Her debt is the extent I can I ve settled some debts..but she keep on borrowing and not informing us also..I ve tried to the extent I use..legally I want to be free..what is the solution..

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900Online (Expert)
16 April 2021


This is not a legal query. If you wish you can stay separately from your mother. You can send money for her daily needs.

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
16 April 2021

Hi sir..she is giving blank cheques to lendors..and they are demanding money from us..legally am I liable..should I take any steps?

Sankaranarayanan (Expert)
16 April 2021

Whos cheque been given and what basis it was given? what reason she borrow money? for family ?

kavksatyanarayanaOnline (Expert)
16 April 2021

Yes. It is not a legal query. Is the checkbook in her name? Did she subscribe to a bank account? You shall provide a livelihood to her and you separate with her.

Advocate Bhartesh goyalOnline (Expert)
16 April 2021

No, you are not liable for any consequences of any wrong act done by your mother

Dr J C VashistaOnline (Expert)
17 April 2021

Drawer of the cheque is personally liable for its consequence, wherein you are not involved.

P. Venu Online (Expert)
17 April 2021

During her lifetime, you are not liable for the debts incurred by your mother. even after her lifetime , your liability is limited to the estate you may inherit from her.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x