LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Leave & license agreement

(Querist) 26 May 2012 This query is : Resolved 
If a Licensee is not ready to vacate the flat in Mumbai after 11 months Leave and Licence period is expired, which is the first authority to approach for eviction of the Licensee, in Mumbai.

R.K Nanda (Expert) 26 May 2012
Issue a legal notice to him to vacate the

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert) 26 May 2012
First you will have to issue legal notice , after that you will have to file a suit for eviction/possession
Nadeem Qureshi (Expert) 26 May 2012
agree with experts
Rajeev Kumar (Expert) 26 May 2012
Yes i too agree with ld.experts
Shonee Kapoor (Expert) 28 May 2012
Nothing left to be added.


Shonee Kapoor
DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (Expert) 01 June 2012
In MUMBAI there is special authority for L & L cases eviction, which has short and easy procedure.

If your agreement is legal which will be the basic objection by the tenant you can claim double the lease amount after expiry of lease period.

Such cases are contested and reach higher courts so just do not depend on half baked advice by novices and hand over job to a proffessional .
ajay sethi (Expert) 01 June 2012
agree with JSDN
V R SHROFF (Expert) 01 June 2012
Thanks Shri JSDN
DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (Expert) 01 June 2012
Property prices are escalating in urban areas and in Mumbai even shanties are valued in millions, so tenants do not loose any effort to stall eviction.

As a rule landlords react tersely to any advice that eviction is not easy . They behave like an OSTRICH who puts its neck in the sand just to show that no HURRICANE exists.It can not negate the hurricane.

I attach a very recent SC CITATION which shows that a tenant went upto SC just for condonation of delay for submission of WS , SETTING ASIDE ORDER OF LOWER COURT & HC of ex-parte decree and agreed to pay fine of ONE LAC.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query