LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ist Rape,False promise of marriage and cheating

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 15 July 2011 This query is : Resolved 
My boyfriend is 27 and me 24yrs.He is a sailor in Indian Navy.He was my friend.1st he raped me then as i wanted to complain he stopped me by saying that he will marry me.If i will not accept he will show my nude pics to everyone.Then i accepted his proposal.After that he used me sexually and now refusing me to marry by doing sexual abuse in front of everybody.I'm having Photos,phone recordings(that he will marry me)and witnesses for sexual relation.Please give me legal advice so that i can marry him.I wan't to marry him at any cost or else i had to commit a sucide being a girl i belong to an orthodox family i can't face the society i even have a younger sister.Above that he is calling all my friends and telling them that i had sexual relation with many other boys and all stuff
so please suggest me a legal way
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 16 July 2011
Many high courts treat sex on the promise of marriage at par with rape.
So you can file complaint on that line when that very thing even happened with you.
mahendrakumar (Expert) 16 July 2011
try to punish him by every means.

but marrying such a person will spoil your life for ever.
adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert) 16 July 2011
Now also you can file a criminal case against him.
Advocate. Arunagiri (Expert) 16 July 2011
You can file a criminal case against him. In the FIR stage itself you can arrive at a compromise.
THANKACHAN V P (Expert) 16 July 2011
You can file complaint for rape and cheating.Though Rape may not stand before court ,for the time being you can put him behind the bars as 'pre trial punishment'. But you should think 'thrice' before deciding to marry him.(And I don't think he will be ready to marry you as you have filed filed rape case against him. If he agrees that will be with an intention to escape from the clutches of law).Be bold and face the reality and teach him a lesson.
Ravikant Soni (Expert) 16 July 2011
He first raped you and afterwards he committed promise of marriage.

Then he could not come out from the ambit of offence 'rape'. Still he is liable to be punished.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query