Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Issuance of SC Certificate to Migrated persons

I am PSU employee being transferred after every 4 to 5 years. Presently I am in Ahmedabad Gujarat. I belong to West Bengal and my SC certificate has been issued from that state.I do not have any permanant residence at that place. Where from my children will be issued SC certificate as authorities in Ahmedabad Gujarat are reluctant to the certificate.

Khaleel Ahmed (Expert)

You are advised to apply at your native thahsil of West Bengal.

Devajyoti BarmanOnline (Expert)

If you are from Kolkata then get in touch with the office of SC and ST at the New Treasury Building at Alipore.

s.subramanian (Expert)

yes

malipeddi jaggaraoOnline (Expert)

Yes, well advised. To be more elaborate, generally any Government Official will hesitate to issue SC/ST certificates to a temporary resident because of the procedures one has to adhereto while issuing these certificates. Though you do not have permanent residence in your native place, a certificate is issued to you at that place and at least some of your relatives would be living in that place who can authenticate to the enquiries carried over by government officials before issuing certificate. You need to enclose the copies of the certificate issued to you, and also the birth registration certiicates of your children for this purpose.

Sri Vijayan.AOnline (Expert)

I agree with Jaggarao

Aloke (Querist)

My father was also a Govt. Servant & worked in other state soon after I was born. I had been going to the state only on vacations.
According to the enclosed format of SC certificate, how will I proof my residential address when i do not have any home or house in the home state. Whether I do not require any address proof in the home state.

Para 2 of the certificate seems take care of my situation.

×

Civil Litigation Course     |    x