Upgrad LLM

Illegal termination and salary not paid

This query is : Resolved 

Online (Querist)
21 November 2020

Dear Expert,


Aditya Institute of Management Studies affiliated by Mumbai University and AICTE has illegally Terminated me on the spot without paying my salary. I would like to complain against them in College and University Tribunal. Required guidance for the same.

Please help me with the process.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900Online (Expert)
21 November 2020


You can approach the tribunal for unpaid salary and illegal termination against institute. Contact a local advocate and send legal notice and later you can file an appeal against the order.

Rajendra K Goyal Online (Expert)
21 November 2020

Take help of local Advocate to guide and proceed.

M V GuptaOnline (Expert)
22 November 2020

you have not stated full facts of your case. Are you a workman or an officer such as lecturer or professor etc. If you are a workman you may file complaint with Labor commissioner challenging the dismissal without following the due process of law i.e., issue of show cause notice etc or one months notice for termination or wages in lieu of notice. If you are not a workman you may write to the institute questioning termination without notice or following principles of natural justice such as issue of show cause notic etc. you may thereafter decidefurther action in consultation with an Advocate.

Durga chatterjeeOnline (Querist)
22 November 2020

I was on dual role as Asst professor and HR head. But none was reporting to me. I approached Labour commissioner they only suggested to go for college and tribunal complaint process. Please advice further process.

P. Venu Online (Expert)
23 November 2020

Yes, you can approach the Tribunal. The University, to my knowledge, itself has no jurisdiction over the issues.

M V GuptaOnline (Expert)
24 November 2020

As you were an assistant professor and HR Head, you may not be regarded as workman. Hence you have file a complaint before the University Tribunal challenging the illegal termination of ur services. In your complaint you may state that the termination was abrupt and without notice and in breach of your service conditions such as no show cause or other notice or pay in lieu of notice as per contract of service etc. and followup the case. Before this please ascertain whether tribunal considers complaints of private colleges staff. if they do not entertain such complaints,then you may have to file a suit in the civil court.

Durga chatterjeeOnline (Querist)
26 November 2020

Thanks to all but can I get online link or email address to submit my written complaint to college and university tribunal.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x