LIVE Online Course on Indian Constitution by Dr. Ravishankar Mor. Register Now!!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

How to send reply to notice

(Querist) 29 March 2010 This query is : Resolved 
If any poor person received notice form advocate, and he didn't know the notice language. He know only local language (Dont know english, hindi etc.)
What are the ways to reply such notice.

It is mandatory to reply of such notice through advocate/lawyer? or there is other option are there for notice reply.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 29 March 2010
He should get such notice read from some educate person and should understand it properly and then he can also reply the notice and there is no need for engaging any advocate/lawyer for this purpose.
bhagwat patil (Expert) 29 March 2010
he may simply reply he is not able to understand the matter in notice.and reserve the right of denial.
Parthasarathi Loganathan (Expert) 29 March 2010
Illiteracy on the part of recipient of a legal notice served cannot be construed as an excuse for non reply as there are several means to get the contents understood.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 29 March 2010
Mr. Bhagwat Patil!

If you are an advocate then such light reply is not expected from you as you have written above. We are for law and not for telling how to avoid and violate it.
Parveen Kr. Aggarwal (Expert) 30 March 2010
There is neither any obligation to reply a notice through advocate only nor is any particular language prescribed for replying a legal notice. Any recipient of a notice may himself send its reply in his own language. However, it is always better to reply any legal notice under legal advice. A poor person may avail services of Legal Services Authority.
nidhi kalia (Expert) 30 March 2010
Kumar Thadhani (Expert) 02 April 2010
Yes it is neither mandatory to engage an advocate/lawyer in connection to the reply to the notice provided one should the contents of the notice and it is his option to reply in any vernacular language also.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query