Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Grandson share on motherway ancestral property

(Querist) 17 September 2023 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Sir,
Can I claim my share in motherway ancestral property when my mother is alive but she is not ready claim equal share from her brothers.
Can I file the suit to get equal share to my mother when she does not want equal share on ancestral property.
What should I do to get equal share to my mother or me from the ascentral property even my mother not intrested to claim.

kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 17 September 2023
Your mother can claim her share in her ancestral property if she wishes. But you cannot ask to share.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 17 September 2023
You cannot claim any share out of your mother's ancestral property.
If at all your mother is entitled to any share out of the said property, then it is she who can do so and not her next generation wards and not even her husband at least not during her lifetime.
In fact you cannot claim any share in it even after your mother is acquiring or inheriting her rightful share in the property at least not during her lifetime.
But is your mother gives her consent and gives yo a general power of attorney then you can fight the case on her behalf.

Dr. J C Vashista (Expert) 18 September 2023
I agree with the opinion and advise of learned experts, you have no right, claim, interest or title over the share of your mother's property, which she may acquire from her ancestors.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 18 September 2023
I too agree with experts.You have no right to claim any share but your mother can claim share in questioned property .
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 19 September 2023
agreed with above views.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now