Grandfather self acquired property

This query is : Resolved 

Online (Querist)
26 January 2021

The property is the self acquired property of my grandfather.He died in 1966.He is survived by my father.
My father(A) have a son and daughter.Im the son of A.
My father (A) wishes to sell the property what he inherited from my grandfather.
Do the son and daughter of A need to sign while the sale of property?
Do the daughter of A have any share in the property?
We belong to hindu family from tamilnadu

Advocate Bhartesh goyalOnline (Expert)
26 January 2021

You and your sister during the lifetime of your father have no right and share in property belonged to your grandfather and signatures of your and your sisterare are not required if said property is sold out by your father.

Advocate M.BhadraOnline (Expert)
26 January 2021

Your grandfather' s property inherited by your father is to be treated as self acquired. Your father can sell this property without your consent during his life time. If your father would died intestate and left his property in his own name then you have equal share of the property.

kavksatyanarayanaOnline (Expert)
26 January 2021

I agreed with the advice of the above learned experts.

Rajendra K Goyal Online (Expert)
31 January 2021

Well advised, agree with the advise from experts.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
New Course - IBC!     |    x