Upgrad LLM

Gifted portion of the house

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
21 November 2020

I have gifted part of my home to my brother. Although the home has single floor (one level on the ground), it was a planned constructed home to build 3-4 floors on top of it originally. Since I only gifted part of the ground (level 1) floor of the home, I would like to construct another floor on top of the ground floor. However, my brother is objecting it saying I do not have any rights on top of his portion of the gifted home. I greatly appreciate your response who has the right on top of the gifted home. Thank you.

PARDEEP KUMAR Online (Expert)
21 November 2020

Unless the gift deed is seen, no one can answer your query properly

N.J.S.Rajkumar alias narasimhaOnline (Expert)
21 November 2020

First you should take proper approvals for such construction and then you could seek the assistance of Police if any hindrance is made by the ground floor people

Advocate Bhartesh goyalOnline (Expert)
21 November 2020

You have not posted description of gifted portion and also whether gift deed is registered or not without above not possible any . opinion.

Rajendra K Goyal Online (Expert)
21 November 2020

Contents of gift deed has to be referred for any advice, discuss with local lawyer.

P. Venu Online (Expert)
21 November 2020

The facts posted are less than convincing and suggests deeper issues. Please post complete facts.

kavksatyanarayanaOnline (Expert)
21 November 2020

By registered document or orally, did you gift a part of a home to your brother? If it is a registered document, consult a local advocate.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x