Gifted portion of the house

I have gifted part of my home to my brother. Although the home has single floor (one level on the ground), it was a planned constructed home to build 3-4 floors on top of it originally. Since I only gifted part of the ground (level 1) floor of the home, I would like to construct another floor on top of the ground floor. However, my brother is objecting it saying I do not have any rights on top of his portion of the gifted home. I greatly appreciate your response who has the right on top of the gifted home. Thank you.

PARDEEP KUMAR Online (Expert)

Unless the gift deed is seen, no one can answer your query properly

N.J.S.Rajkumar alias narasimhaOnline (Expert)

First you should take proper approvals for such construction and then you could seek the assistance of Police if any hindrance is made by the ground floor people

You have not posted description of gifted portion and also whether gift deed is registered or not without above not possible any . opinion.

Contents of gift deed has to be referred for any advice, discuss with local lawyer.

The facts posted are less than convincing and suggests deeper issues. Please post complete facts.

By registered document or orally, did you gift a part of a home to your brother? If it is a registered document, consult a local advocate.

×