Gift from uncle

My unmarried uncle wants to gift me his house and some land valued at approximately. Rs.50 lakhs. I want to know whether I have to intimate income tax authorities or have to pay any tax on the valuation of the property.

You have to pay Gift tax. Consult local CA for proper guidance.

Yes,you have to disclose the properties which your uncle is intending to gift you.

Of course you will have to disclose the transaction(s).

Hemant AgarwalOnline (Expert)

1. IF you are receiving the House & Land (immovable property) via a Registered Gift Deed (which is received without any monetary considerations), THEN you are under no obligation to inform or take permission from the Income Tax Dept., and neither you have to pay any type of Taxes on the same.

2. However, the property MUST be duly reflected in your Income Tax Returns of the forthcoming years, for all futuristic legal purposes.

Shilesh PatelOnline (Expert)

Agreed with the expert hemant agarwal.

krishna mohanOnline (Expert)

Well advised by Mr.Hemant Agarwal. Any cash transaction in buying property above a threshold value need to be reported by concerned authorities. For tax related compliances you can consult CA for right advise and filing of right returns.

No tax attracted.

Agree with the expert Hemant Agarwal.

sorry wrong / repeated post, removed.

×

IPC Grand Course     |    x