Genuineness of an email

Is an order without any signature of the authority genuine if not followed by a hard copy?

Your query is not clear. Post the query in some more details.

Amaresh Patel (Querist)

My leave sanctioning authority passed an order granting earned leave via typed email that is without his signature on that email. But that order was not followed by any hard copy later on. Is it genuine document for carrying out the order to relieve the official whom the leave was granted.

Devajyoti BarmanOnline (Expert)

The e-mail does not bear signature and hence e-mail in itself is enough proof of communication.
So if the hard copy is contradictory you can take shelter under e-mail.

Adv. Yogen KakadeOnline (Expert)

The order sent to you even without signature is valid.. provided the mail sent from authenticated mail id to your official mail id.

R.K NandaOnline (Expert)

nothing to add more.

If email is from official or his personal address, it is valid.

V R SHROFF (Expert)

E MAIL IS VALID ..

Communication of orders by email are valid. Email does not make any provision to put signature by the sender.

Sudhir KumarOnline (Expert)

ask a query. do not put riddles.

Amaresh Patel (Querist)

It relates to my previous queries under rule14. Based on my denial to relieve the official due to shortage of staff in the interest of public service rule14 is issued and I have to submit the defence statement cum brief. The aforesaid Leave grant was communicated to my office email only and even not communicated to the official by any other means.

×