FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Family problem with my parents

(Querist) 12 May 2015 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Sir,
Today I am going to write a serious issue about my life. I d’nt know if any person had face the same problem as I am facing today. The problem is with my parents. I am 24 years old staying with my parents. The problem is with dieting. My parents are vegetarian and I eat both veg and non-veg. I have to cook myself when I have to take non-veg food as they don’t touch non-veg food items. My parents wants me to stop eating non-veg but that’s not possible for me. I don’t like to eat only vegetables. The debate is going from few years. At first the problem was not so serious but now they always quarrels with me and I am getting mentally harassed day by day. They do not allow me to cook non-veg foods. I can’t believe this that my parents are doing this to me. I tried to make them understand several times but they are not ready to understand me. I can’t tolerate this anymore.

Please suggest me if I can seek any legal help and is there any law?
Dr J C Vashista Online (Expert) 12 May 2015
Unfit query.
P. Venu (Expert) 12 May 2015
You are no longer a child and is entitled for a life of your own. You can have food of your choice. But it equally not necessary that you should be cocooned with your parents.
Guest (Expert) 12 May 2015
Much ado about nothing!

What is serious about your life?

You are adult, leave the house, live separately, if you feel problem due to ideological differences with the family as a whole. You can also go to some restaurent to eat non-veg, when you desire so.

Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 12 May 2015
If amicable solution not possible, start living separate.
malipeddi jaggarao (Expert) 12 May 2015
What serious issue? There is no issue at all. You are in a position to honour the feelings of your own parents. Are you earning member or dependent on your parents? If you are dependent, you do not have any right to rise this issue and you have to obey the wishes of your parents. If you have independent source of income, cannot you go to a restaurant and eat whatever you like instead of creating a problem in the home? There is any legal issue to post this query in this experts forum?
aman kumar (Expert) 12 May 2015
plz dont make jokes ,
Satyajit Dhar (Querist) 14 May 2015
I am not creating any type of problem in my home. I respect my parent's wishes. I tried to make them understand my problems and cook seperately myself. But after that they always shout at me.I dont blame them but some supertitous people in our locality had brainwashed them.My parents are not so highly educated and thus they are becoming prey towards those people.

Therefore as per your saying should i not save my family from those unfair means or just let it be happen in front of my eyes and keep silent?

Guest (Expert) 14 May 2015
Mr. Satyajit Dhar,

You have already been advised appropriately. There is no use in stretching this thread unnecessarily. You have to work according to the wishes of your parents till you live with them.

If you want to enjoy freedom to fulfoll your desires, only separation is the solution.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 14 May 2015
Experts have advised well, more particularly expert Mr. Dhingra had suggested you two options, you may chose between them.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query