LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

False income certificate

(Querist) 02 October 2022 This query is : Resolved 
1) Before my marriage my wife and in-laws obtained income certificate from Revenue dept wherein it is mentioned that their annual family income is 48000/- in 2019 without disclosing her unmarried brother's income who is a registered worker in a private company.

2 )After marriage my wife obtained income certificate from Revenue dept wherein it is mentioned that her family income is 60000/- in 2021 without disclosing about her marriage.

3) Since soon after marriage in march 2020 when I came to know about this fraud of my in laws , I resist my wife from using it in college for scholar and talked to her father. She started to threaten us for false dowry cases. After 6 months she had filed FIR of 498a on my entire family, relatives including neighbours.

4)After that I complained to concerned Revenue Officials and they cancelled both the income certificates with remarks of issued on wrong facts.

5) Now when I complaining to concerned police DSP . He is submitting report that an FIR has already filed against the complainant by the opposite party so the complaint is given to create pressure on opposite party and trying for cross case.

Preparing and using false income certificate by concealing material facts is not a crime ?

Police also says that you don't have any locus to complain about this matter while my in laws claiming that they have given 25 lacs rupees cash as dowry in my marriage.

What can I do now for registration of FIR in this matter ?
Isaac Gabriel (Expert) 02 October 2022
What is the relevance between cancellation of income certificate and 498a. Instead of counter case, you can fight the case.
kavksatyanarayana Online (Expert) 02 October 2022
Obtaining a false certificate is a c crime. But either before your marriage or after marriage, what is the necessity to you regarding their get income certificate? After marriage, your wife has not concerned about her parent's income. You unnecessarily complained against their certificate, they filed a wrong case against you. You shall fight the case by engaging an experienced lawyer.
P. Venu Online (Expert) 05 October 2022
The facts posted suggest deeper issues. Please post the material facts bringing out the real issue, if any.
Pradipta Nath (Expert) 06 October 2022
If you have proof that your wife has lied by filing false documents, file perjury petition in that court only adducing all the evidence.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query