Ews certificate for a married woman

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
09 June 2021

Can anyone plz help..It's urgent...I haven't changed my surname after marriage. I apply for govt jobs with my maiden name only. Even on my aadhar card also my Name and address is not updated.
My question is : I want to apply for EWS certificate. Then whose income will be considered. Only husband or of both father and husband. If husbands income is considered then should I need to change my name ? Is marriage certificate also needed ?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate Online (Expert)
09 June 2021

The eligibility to get the EWS certificate is not only purely based on annual family income but also based on the held property. The income limit has been set by the central government for admission to central government-owned colleges and jobs offered by the central government.
The definition of Family in EWS reservation means:-"The person who seeks benefit of reservation, his/her parents and siblings below the age of 18 years as also his/her spouse and children below the age of 18 years".

Candidate's annual family income must be less than Rs. 8 lakhs per annum.
His family must not own more than 5 acres of agriculture land.
The residential flat area should be below 1000 sq ft.
The residential plot's area should be below 100 square yards if in a notified municipality sector.
The residential plot's area should be below 200 square yards if in a non-notified municipality sector.
once your marital status changes from Single to Married, your Maternal Income is not considered as your family annual income. If yours is a Joint Family and you live with your In-Laws, and their income also is included in the Family maintenance, then yes your In Laws Income and Assets will be considered as family income. And for being eligible for EWS reservation, you should belong to General Category and your annual family income including all the Family members shall not exceed 8 lakhs per annum. Because you are married, your Father and Mother's annual income shall not be accounted for to consider your eligibility for EWS reservation.

Sudhir KumarOnline (Expert)
09 June 2021

Please be clear if you are EWS or simply want to be certified as EWS.

Sankaranarayanan Online (Expert)
09 June 2021

You can apply and its only based on the income of your husband, no need to confuse . The query already submitted in the forum and it was answered it too.

kavksatyanarayanaOnline (Expert)
09 June 2021

Yes. The change of name is not necessary after marriage. But the annual income of husband is considered. From all sources, the annual income of an individual for EWS is Rs.8 lakhs. so your husband and if you are an earning member even private job, all sources your income does not exceed Rs.8.00 lakhs then you are eligible for EWS.

Dr J C VashistaOnline (Expert)
10 June 2021

Income from all sources (which include your share in parental income as well as income in your in-laws) should not exceed Rs. 8 lakh to be eligible for a certificate vis-a-vis benefit under the scheme of EWS.

ashok kumar singhOnline (Expert)
10 June 2021

agreed with views of earlier experts

P. Venu Online (Expert)
10 June 2021

Is this query in the context of quota/reservation for Economically Weaker Sections (Which is in vogue only in a couple of States) or Non Creamy Layer as applicable to OBCs? What is the relevance of change of name subsequent to your marriage?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Muslim Personal Law     |    x