LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Drink and drive conviction

(Querist) 08 December 2017 This query is : Resolved 
Hello, I am doing my masters in USA and last year I was charged and got convicted for Drink and Drive and failure to report accident. Court ordered me to pay fine and attend some Counselling sessions and I have done that.

Now I am trying to come back to India and seriously prepare for governement jobs and Civil Services. My question is "Am I eligible to apply for a Government Job in India with a Drink and drive conviction in USA?
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 08 December 2017
do you have any criminal record in India?
Vijay Raj Mahajan (Expert) 08 December 2017
No problem for India. Your is a driving/traffic offence relating drunken driving in USA not India that has nothing to do with criminal record here in India.
Safely apply for government job in India.
ram (Querist) 08 December 2017
Thank you for your response sir.

No Sir, I don't have any kind of criminal record in India.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 11 December 2017
Enjoy drinks till you are trouble free.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 30 June 2018
I agree with Vijay Raj Mahajan.
Mohd Musabbir Ansari (Expert) 01 July 2018
Dear Ram

Drinking driving offense falls in the category of petty offenses and such case if one is punished with fine only, he is very much entitled to apply and hold govt. job. Even if you might be had committed drinking driving and had been punished with fine only in India, you are still eligible to apply for govt. post. There is no hindrance in your way.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query