LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 20 May 2011 This query is : Resolved 
My wife has filed a petition for divorce on grounds of impotency. The case is now in Session court. If we lose the divorce case in session court, then can we move to High court for appeal.
M/s. Y-not legal services (Expert) 20 May 2011
Surely you can. Now your case's trial before district court mean, then appeal proceedings before high court only.. Then what you mean for if WE loose?
Advocate. Arunagiri (Expert) 20 May 2011
Demand for a medical examination for disproving the impotency, through court. In case, If you accept the impotency, you loose the case.
PALNITKAR V.V. (Expert) 20 May 2011
Impotency has a very special meaning in so far matrimonial proceedings are concerned. Hence, as suggested by Shri. Arunagiri, it is wise to have medical expert's opinion.
R.Ramachandran (Expert) 21 May 2011
Without taking steps to prove your point (and disprove the point of your wife) in the trial court, your appeal to higher forums will not get any results. Therefore, as correctly advised by Mr. Arunagiri, take steps to disprove the claims of your wife in regard to 'the allegation of impotency' by seeking the court to order your medical examination. If the medical examination report is in your favour, then you will succeed even at the trial court stage itself. If in spite of the medical report being in your favour, the decision is against you in the trial court, then you can definitely move appeal.
mahendrakumar (Expert) 21 May 2011
what is the point in winning/sustaining marriage on the ground of technical/expert certification?

if impotency is not the main issue as claimed by you,try to have an introspection and find out the real issue.

try to reach an amicable settlement on the same with the help of friends and relatives.

I feel,there is no point in waisting your time and energy in unending legal proceedings on such matters.

Disclaimer: mine is not a legal advice.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query