LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gifted property by boyfriend

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 16 June 2021 This query is : Resolved 
My query is
Me and my boyfriend were in living, my boyfriend was married, he was a Hindu and I muslim, he had asked me to marry but later he refused.When we were in relation, he had taken a property in my name, but when we parted, he got it written on a stamp paper of Rs 100 that now the property belongs to me.It was written in that paper that both of us are separating of our own free And we will never bother each other, if I do anything like this, he will take the property again so i never met him again, But while taking that property the money had gone from his account.Right now I have the original paper of the property and I have a photocopy of the agreement we had signed for separation,But can he claim for this property again?
SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert) 17 June 2021

The agreement on the Rs. 100 stamp paper is not valid. The agreement has to be registered document by paying stamp duty. You may be having original papers but you dont have title of property. So you cannot legally sold or rent property.
J K Agrawal (Expert) 17 June 2021
it seems that the property is in your name in title documents. If so you need not worry. The agreement on 100/- stamp also valid as it is not a transfer documents but an statement showing state of affairs which at least estope him to take a contrary stage.
P. Venu (Expert) 17 June 2021
The property is in your name. But who is in occupation?
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 17 June 2021
I've been living here since I got home
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 17 June 2021
I have also given request for name change in electricity bill
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 17 June 2021
Your boyfriend purchased the house in your name. So why do you worry? Your boyfriend wrote on a stamp worth Rs.100/- that house belongs to you. Hence he cannot take it away.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 17 June 2021
So I can sell it anytime or without any permission,? And we took this property in March 2020, I have been living here since then and we will separate in March 2021
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 18 June 2021
You are absolute titleholder (owner) of the property registered in your name, which you can transfer / dispose as you wish.

No permission from anyone is required to sell the property.

Living separate or agreement to terminate live-in relation (on stamp paper or otherwise) has no relation to the subject property.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 18 June 2021
Yes. you can sell it.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 18 June 2021
Thankyou soo much all for a great information, and thankyou Mr JC Vashista sir I really appreciate all of you for your help
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 18 June 2021
First of all be ware that even though he might have funded for the purchase of the property, since he bought the property by a registered sale deed on your name, it becomes your own and absolute property.
Hence he has no rights over this property.
Further he has given an agreement in writing in non judicial stamp paper to the value of Rs. 100/- mentioning the break up of the relationship between you both and also has relinquished his rights in the property whatsoever, even if he had no rights in it.
All these are substantial documentary evidences to prove your title to the property.
You can dispose the proeprty anytime as per your own will and wish, he cannot legally dispute the same.
You need be afraid or worried about this anytime now or in the future as well.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 19 June 2021
Thank you for understanding and appreciation.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now