New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Interior company got advance but service not provided

(Querist) 24 March 2021 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Experts,
We have hired an interior designing company to design and install modular furniture for our house. We paid an advance of Rs. 30000 on Dec 31, 2020. initially they provided the first set of designs on Jan 12, 2021, which was no way close to our site plan. We suggested all the changes and also provided reference images and explained on call to the designer. the designs provided were not up to our satisfaction as none of our suggestions were incorporated. They sent another junior architect to measure the site on 20th Jan. Came to know he was the one who did the previous designs. Explained the changes and outcome expected. After that no response from them. On Jan 23, 2021 we decided to cancel the project and asked for a refund. They convinced us saying they will change the designer with a Senior Designer and he will complete the project on time. But the new designer too dragged much and giving some pictures whenever we asked for the update. it went on like this till March 15. They gave their final estimate. We suggested some changes and reduced the project value. They were asking to go for minimum of Rs. 2.5Lakh. We were not comfortable as we need to pay more than 60% and our money will get locked and we have no way to get it back as they were dealing only through phone and whatsapp. They suddenly removed us from the whatsapp group and when asked to refund the advance paid, they say i need to pay Rs. 13,000 additional for the Designing work done. First of all, they were providing only re-rendered designs based on our input. no unique designs done. Secondly we were following them, not once they called us to ask for our suggestions or idea about our house. They never provided us options to choose from. We had to convince ourselves as this is what we will get for this budget.

Please let me know how to get my money back as the service provided was delayed and not satisfactory. We are losing money on the rent paid since moving into the house is delayed by the non delivery of the products. Kindly suggest the possible ways to get remedy for our problem.

with regards,
Saravana Selvan

kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 24 March 2021
File a case in District Consumer Forum by consulting a senior Advocate of your area.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 25 March 2021
Yes, fille complaint before District Consumer Forum for deficiency of services and unfair trade practice of company and claim not only your money but also compensation towards mental and Physical agony.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 26 March 2021
Well analysed, opiined and advised by experts, I agree.
ashok kumar singh (Expert) 28 March 2021
agreed with views expressed earlier by experts here.
Saravana Selvan P (Querist) 29 March 2021
Thank you all for your suggestions, will proceed as advised.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now