LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sslc marksheet name space missing issue - reg.

(Querist) 01 December 2020 This query is : Resolved 
Hi Everyone!
I am Mohammed Ijaz M who is going to join my postgraduate studies. I have all my proofs (including my passport) as Mohammed Ijaz M (my correct name spelling). Only my SSLC, HSC, and my UG College Transfer Certificate is having my spelling is MOHAMMEDIJAZ M which is wrong. My queries are,
- Will I face any problems in the near future with this mistaken spelling printing in my important certificates such as UG and PG Degree Certificates and Marksheets?
- As my UG and PG College informed me that they will use the wrong spelling in my degree certificate and mark sheets, How could I make them correct the name spelling and print the correct spelling?
- If you suggest I should change the spellings in SSLC and HSC Marksheets, What is the procedure to do that?

Kindly help me with this major confusion I have!

(Note: I am from Tamil Nadu and had done my HSC and SSLC in Tamil Nadu itself)

Isaac Gabriel (Expert) 02 December 2020
Issue Gazatte Notification through Government press which can be used as annexure along with the name .Contact any of the Govenment press at Pudukottai, Trichy or Madras.
Guest (Expert) 02 December 2020
Well advised by Expert/Advocate Mr.Isaac Gabriel. An News Paper advt regard to this along with Gazette Notification would serve the purpose.
Mohammed Ijaz M (Querist) 02 December 2020
Thank you Issac Sir and Rajkumar sir for your replies.
If I gave the gazette notification about this issue through a newspaper ad, I can use this ad to confirm my name spelling as "Mohammed Ijaz M" in the future purposes like attaching this with my sslc and hsc mark sheets to update them with this regard right?
kavksatyanarayana Online (Expert) 02 December 2020
I think this only a space mistake and you have to give a Notarised Affidavit that your name is "Mohammed Ijaz M" but it was wrongly typed/written without space as "Mohammedijaz M". And I think it is sufficient. However, ask the UG and college authorities regarding the affidavit. Still, they object you shall go for Gazette Notification through the Tahsildar of your jurisdiction.
P. Venu (Expert) 02 December 2020
You have made a mountain out of a mole hill. Admission to postgraduate courses would be based educational certificates. How your name is entered in other documents is of no relevance.

Moreover, a proper name need not have a fixed spelling esp. in our country. Any gap or slight mismatches are of no consequence.

Anyhow, you have already carried out the steps for name correction. So, what is the point of concern.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 03 December 2020
It is not an issue, which may create any problem.

It is better to consult a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts/ documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding, if required.
Guest (Expert) 03 December 2020
Mr.Mohammed You are Right and Just Proceed
Guest (Expert) 03 December 2020
Gazette Notification is by making an application and News Paper advt would be in addition to that. and both are separate steps to be taken
Mohammed Ijaz M (Querist) 04 December 2020
Thank You Rajkumar sir for confirming the same. My PG College has accepted to update my name with the space spelling.
Thank you kavksatyanarayana sir and Dr. Vashista for giving your guidance on this issue.
Respected Venu sir. I have not taken any steps in this regard and came for some expert advice. from you professionals.

Thank you all for your answers this query is now resolved.
Guest (Expert) 04 December 2020
Welcome and All the Best
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 04 December 2020
If you are not able to get your name spellings changed, it would be appropriate to swear an affidavit, insert newspaper ads and get it published in state gazette regarding your name which was previously used and would be used in future.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now