LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Father name change

Guest (Querist) 10 May 2020 This query is : Resolved 
My father name in high school is in short form but in 12th and in degree it is in full i want some remedy related to this problem so that i not face problem during document verification in govt. Job
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 10 May 2020
Your father may execute an affidavit qua his name that he is one and the same person. If desire he may get it published in official gazette.
Even if you are continuing with the same name(s) appearing your certificate(s)/ decree(s) it do not make any difference.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 10 May 2020
There shall not be any problem in verification in life on the ground you mentioned in the query. No action is required as on now.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 10 May 2020
Some boards / institutions provide facility for correction of mistakes in Marksheet. Name in the Marksheet can be corrected within the period provided as per board rules. Contact the concerned school / institution for knowing full procedure and proceed accordingly.

P. Venu (Expert) 10 May 2020
The facts posted suggest no problem. If at all any in future, this could be corrected through an affidavit.
Guest (Querist) 10 May 2020
When to make affidavit? Early or at the time of varification
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 10 May 2020
At the time of the veification.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 10 May 2020
As suggested by experts, it would be better that your father executes an affidavit duly affirmed before a notary public and get it published in a local newspaper stating that both the names are one and the same and he is known by both the names and also he is affirming this affidavit as his name has been mentioned as stated above in various documents.
This affidavit will take care of your issue.
P. Venu (Expert) 10 May 2020
In my understanding and in my personal experience, such minor aspects are never sought to be verified during admission to a course of study or selection for employment. Hence it unnecessary and too officious to take extra care. Such overreach may, given the state of clerical attitude in our country, turn out to be counterproductive. The affidavit need only be produced if and when sought during the process of verification.
Guest (Querist) 10 May 2020
Thanks to all for yours valuable time giving me....
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 11 May 2020
You are always welcome Mr. author.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 11 May 2020
You are welcome MR. Author / Anonymous.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now