LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Replacement of water pipe at my premises without my consebt

(Querist) 29 January 2020 This query is : Resolved 
I am a co-owner of a premises, under the municipal corporation. Replacement of the main water pipe line is going on currently in front of my premises ( which is connected to the underground reservoir of my premises ). Now, the supervisor who is overseeing the replacement work of the main water pipe line was agreed with my brother, who is the co-owner and 2 tenants to replace the water pipe line connecting between the main municipal water line on the common passage and the reservoir of our premises @ an amount of Rs. 20,000/- without my knowledge and consent. when, i asked the supervisor of the water pipe line works, he told me that one of my tenants have made a token advance for the replacement work which would start from tomorrow morning. I don't consent to the immediate replacement of the water lines, as I would like to observe the water pressure from the supply after the replacement of the main municipal pipe line. Nevertheless, I admit that the water pipe connecting to the main water pipe of kolkata municipal corporation on the common passage and the reservoir of my premises is old and might be sedimented inside. But, the question is, what action could I initiate, if they start doing the replacement work per force and without my consent?
SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert) 29 January 2020
Dear querist,

Your tenant and your brother (co-owner) has also consented for replacement of pipe line. So let them replace as pipe is old and sedimented. You can file complaint with municipal corporation if you want to object the work.

Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 30 January 2020
Create mutual consent and convince them or either be convinced failing which go to civil court and obtain stay order.
Javed Ali Khan (Querist) 30 January 2020
Respected Experts,
Thanks for your valuable opinion.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 31 January 2020
When you agree the water pipe line require replacement, what is your problem, let the MCK proceed without any reservation or objection.
Javed Ali Khan (Querist) 31 January 2020
Dear Experts,
The point of contention is that, I have asked my brother ( co - owner ) to furnish an estimate of the proposed water
pipe line works, with detailed break up, either by e-mail or registered post. But till date he has not given any estimate. He only keeps me stating the same verbally. He has on earlier occassions, misappropriated funds by inflating the building maintainence expenses. Further, I have asked me to furnish me the details of the sanctioned work order from kolkata municipal corporation for the proposed water pipe line works. He informed me that the proposed water pipe line works won’t be done on the basis of the sanctioned work order; rather on ‘ mutual understanding’ with the supervisor, who is supervising the municipal water pipe line works on the main road and the public common passage ( where the ferrule is situated ) at the entrance of our premises.

Best Regards
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 04 February 2020
In the light of subsequently furnished facts, it shall be better for you to directly move an application seeking sanction of the work so that you may know each and every point and procedure and only then talk to your brother in that regard.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now