New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Automatic change from sc category to general after marriage

(Querist) 26 May 2019 This query is : Resolved 
Respected Seniors
I am a SC women from Punjab who is married to a non SC(general category) person of sikh religion.
Post my marriage I have changed my surname in my passport and other identification documents.
My query is that can I seek employment in the government sector based on reservation as a SC candidate or since I have been married to a general category person I will be considered in general category.

Please suggest


Bala Kumari
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 26 May 2019
yes you can avail benefit of reservation as the cast status is acquired only by birth and cannot be acquired/lost of marriage.
kavksatyanarayana Online (Expert) 26 May 2019
Dear querist by marrying another caste/religion person, your caste will not be changed and so can get reservation.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 27 May 2019
Well advised by experts, you can seek/avail benefits of reservation applicable for SC category candidate(s) since you were born in the caste, which do not change with marriage.
SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert) 27 May 2019
Your caste status will not change from SC to general category after marriage to general category man. You can apply for reserve category job.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :