LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Psychological harrasment of postal department

(Querist) 30 April 2018 This query is : Resolved 
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 30 April 2018
You can after issuing a Legal notice to your Management and if they don't respond within 1 month of notice period file a civil sui9t for declaration to you post and also Mandatory INJUNCTION AGAINST YOUR EMPLOYERS TO STOP MENTAL TORTURE AND VICTIMIZATION, MALICE, DISCRIMINATION, BEING ARBITRARY, HIGHHANDED AND UNCONSTITUTIONAL ETC.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 01 May 2018
No legal notice is warranted.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 01 May 2018
You are under a serious misconception.

RSA Rules of Govt of Indian do not allow cast based unions at all. The recognised union can be for different trade in the same organisation but are secular and even the membership is deducted from salary and not paid in cash.
P. Venu (Expert) 01 May 2018
It appears that you are allowing trivial matters to upset you. Please grow up to take things in the stride.

As regards to frequent deputations, you may take up the matter through recognized Service Union.
Asgher Mahdi (Expert) 01 May 2018
You may file case under the heads of discrimination on the ground of religion. Its your fundamental rights you can challenge before the HC
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 01 May 2018
given facts just show no discrimination leave alone on religious grounds. He appears to be assuming some harassment as he is assuming caste based unions being developed by deptt.

so advising him to go to court, without knowing any facts will just ruin him.
P. Venu (Expert) 01 May 2018
IN service matter, employees of the Postal Department can approach CAT alone; else, he need to move the Supreme Court under Article 32.
Guest (Expert) 01 May 2018
Except the observation and advice of Mr. Sudhir Kumar, others have just advised you to play with and ruin your own career.
Mind it, you have not mentioned even a single instance of harassment by your employer.
So far as unions are concerned, those can be and are allowed to be formed employees cadre wise, not caste or religion wise.

Further, since postal services are treated as essential public services, employees can be frequently deputed to other offices under the division as of short term basis in leave arrangements to run the essential services, as offices are not supposed to be closed on the employee having gone on leave. Also transfer is a condition of service. It cannot be only you, who would have been transferred for short term basis, there may be scores or even hundreds of employees, who would have been transferred frequently on short term basis.

If joined public service, you are supposed to act as a public servant, not as a self employed owner or proprietor of a firm.

Please note, unwilling worker cannot develop his career in any organization.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 01 May 2018
Funny part is that he is thanking those messages which advise him to ruin his career and make entire deptt his enemy for no cause.

He came here not for a sound advise but for the advise which suits his ears.

Anyway he can make a pack of Rs 1 lakh(+) and start his endless fight and enrich few lawyers.
abdul khadeer (Querist) 02 May 2018
abdul khadeer (Querist) 02 May 2018
Guest (Expert) 02 May 2018
Dear Abdul Khadeer,

From your discussions and own perceptions about the system, it seems, as if you don't want to listen to some genuine advice that may save you from further harm to your service career. While Mr. Sudhir Kumar has made very correct observations about your exaggerated problem, Mr. Jigyasu has tried to supplement his advice with very common sensical advice to caution you about your obligations as a public servant.

In fact, at first you have the need to understand the simple meaning of service. Service denotes sewa and public service denotes janta ki sewa. But, probably on account of your own misconceptions you are misfit in the postal department. So, you have the following options to chose from:

1) Switch over to some other suitable service, if unwilling to serve the postal department; OR
2) Learn the service rules, employees conduct & discipline rules, and procedural rules of your department to follow them meticulously to meet with the requirements of your service; OR
3) Make efforts to get the departmental rules changed (if you can) to suit the requirements of the employees; OR
4) Sue the department, as advised by some of the experts by weighing pros & cons of the idea and its expected end results by using your own wisdom.


So far as the discrimination of varna (caste) or religions are concerned you have to understand that the same is the creations of your own elected leaders. You can't do anything when they prefer to act on the same old policy of the English people to divide and rule in order to ensure consolidation of their own vote banks.

Further, Service Rules are also the creation of the Parliament of India, which is also constituted with your own elected leaders. So, again, you cannot complain about implementation of rules, if made applicable on you when you have not formally applied for leave and absented unauthorisedly. Telephonic message cannot be treated as the substitute of a formal leave application. Government Rules do not provide for telephonic application. Even on telephonic intimation, as per rules you were obliged to submit a formal leave application within 24 hours of the phonic intimation. Apparently, you did not submit that within the prescribed period. However, you were free to submit representation against the orders of the competent authority with the request to convert the period of dies non in to leave due to you on sympathetic consideration. In the absence of any formal leave application or representation no authority can venture to attract any disciplinary action against himself for sanctioning leave against the provisions of leave rules.

So, it is you, who have to decide, which course of action, you would like to follow.
Guest (Expert) 02 May 2018
Now I find that you have deleted your latest posts, along with even your original description of the problem, based on which I gave you my suggestions. It seems, either you did not make factual statements, or you are afraid of discussing the facts threadbare.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 02 May 2018
I repeat

he can make a pack of Rs 1 lakh(+) and start his endless fight and enrich few lawyers.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query