Arbitration award obtained fradulently

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
18 January 2018

Sirs, the bank has without giving notice to the borrower obtained arbitration and filed darkhast before district court. How can it be challenged and before whom. Please enlighten.

Isaac GabrielOnline (Expert)
18 January 2018

Mr. Anonymous ? Post with identity

Kundan Kr. SinghOnline (Expert)
18 January 2018

you can challenge the award.Award may be set-aside.

Kapil ChandnaOnline (Expert)
18 January 2018


U can challenge and get it set aside ....

Warm Regards
Kapil Chandna Advocate

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900Online (Expert)
18 January 2018

You can challenge the award before court if notice is not given. If you are in Mumbai you can contact me for further proceedings.

Advocate Bhartesh goyalOnline (Expert)
18 January 2018

Award can be challenged u/s 34 of Arb and Con Act on ground of against public policy and not following proper procedure.

19 January 2018

34 Application for setting aside arbitral award. —
(1) Recourse to a Court against an arbitral award may be made only by an application for setting aside such award in accordance with sub-section (2) and sub-section (3).
(2) An arbitral award may be set aside by the Court only if—
(a) the party making the application furnishes proof that—
(i) a party was under some incapacity, or
(ii) the arbitration agreement is not valid under the law to which the parties have subjected it or, failing any indication thereon, under the law for the time being in force; or
(iii) the party making the application was not given proper notice of the appointment of an arbitrator or of the arbitral proceedings or was otherwise unable to present his case; or
(iv) the arbitral award deals with a dispute not contemplated by or not falling within the terms of the submission to arbitration, or it contains decisions on matters beyond the scope of the submission to arbitration:
Provided that, if the decisions on matters submitted to arbitration can be separated from those not so submitted, only that part of the arbitral award which contains decisions on matters not submitted to arbitration may be set aside; or
(v) the composition of the arbitral tribunal or the arbitral procedure was not in accordance with the agreement of the parties, unless such agreement was in conflict with a provision of this Part from which the parties cannot derogate, or, failing such agreement, was not in accordance with this Part; or
(b) the Court finds that—
(i) the subject-matter of the dispute is not capable of settlement by arbitration under the law for the time being in force, or
(ii) the arbitral award is in conflict with the public policy of India.
Explanation. —Without prejudice to the generality of sub-clause (ii) it is hereby declared, for the avoidance of any doubt, that an award is in conflict with the public policy of India if the making of the award was induced or affected by fraud or corruption or was in violation of section 75 or section 81.
(3) An application for setting aside may not be made after three months have elapsed from the date on which the party making that application had received the arbitral award or, if a request had been made under section 33, from the date on which that request had been disposed of by the arbitral tribunal: Provided that if the Court is satisfied that the applicant was prevented by sufficient cause from making the application within the said period of three months it may entertain the application within a further period of thirty days, but not thereafter.
(4) On receipt of an application under sub-section (1), the Court may, where it is appropriate and it is so requested by a party, adjourn the proceedings for a period of time determined by it in order to give the arbitral tribunal an opportunity to resume the arbitral proceedings or to take such other action as in the opinion of arbitral tribunal will eliminate the grounds for setting aside the arbitral award.

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
19 January 2018

Thank you Balasubramannyam Sir, Goyal Sir, Pawar Sir, Kapil Sir, Singh Sir, and Gabriel Sir for enlightenment. Appreciate useful tips from all honourable members.-with Regards

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x