Contractor agreement

Recently, I singed an agreement with a civil contractor to build my house. First the contractor told me that he is about to get his license within a week and then he refused to provide me with his license no after signing the agreement.He even told me that he is not authorised to get house map sanctioned, I fired him, now he has sent me a legal notice claiming money for the contract which never took place. What should I do?

ajay sethiOnline (Expert)

reply to legal notice . state entire facts of case as to why contract was terminated . contact a local lawyer

Devajyoti BarmanOnline (Expert)

If nothing has taken place out of that contract then you need not even reply the notice.
Inmost cases replying to notice cause more problem than without replying to it.

M/s. Y-not legal services (Expert)

something interesting from your reply my brother barman..

if i not reply to the legal notice mean merely its equal to admitting the contents in the legal notices.. isn't it?

dear anilkumar., if you are genuine mean just give reply to the said legal notice., otherwise you may be put to some loss..

-tom-

prabhakar singh (Expert)

Go through the agreement signed between you and the contractor to find out who is the breaching party.Has it been recorded in the agreement that he has the license or likely to have and was it a term mentioned that getting sanctioned the plan map would be his burden.

Under what terms you had right to fire him out.
Was damages preassigned for breach on either side.
You should better see for a lawyer's personal service.

It is true ,it would be rather better not to reply his notice than to reply in haste.

V R SHROFF (Expert)

Take Advise of Your Advocate to do needful.As much depents upon the terms you signed.,

Shonee KapoorOnline (Expert)

You should reply to the said notice by stating all facts.

If need be, you can have a relook at the complete agreement,.

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

×

IPC Grand Course     |    x