LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Contempt of court

(Querist) 08 August 2021 This query is : Resolved 
A Govt. Authority didn't respond to the notice U/s 80 of the CPC within prescribed time limit. Thus, they violated the order of the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India in the matter of Salem Advocate Bar Association, Tamilnadu Vs Union of India (2005 ) 6 SCC 344. Can a case for initiating Contempt of Court be filed. If yes, then in which Court ? Is there any notice period?
SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert) 08 August 2021

If contempt has been caused to the judgment of the Supreme Court, then you can file contempt petition in the same court who passed the order/judgment.
Ritesh Ranjan (Querist) 08 August 2021
I request replies for some more experts. Can the COURT OF CJM OR SESSIONS JUDGE hear such Contempt ?
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 08 August 2021
It is the court whose order/ judgment has been violatef can only hear contempt petition.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 09 August 2021
No reply to legal notice under section 80 (c) of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 do not attract as no case is made out to initiate proceeding under the provisions of Contempt of Courts Act, 1971.
It is just a misconception, if someone has advised you to initiate CoC proceeding.
P. Venu (Expert) 10 August 2021
What are the facts? What is the context?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query