Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Change of Advocate on record.

(Querist) 24 November 2010 This query is : Resolved 
Resp. Members,
Can a litigant change his advocate on record if he is not satisfied with the services rendered by that advocate? For filing fresh Vakalatnama, NOC of earlier advocate is required or not? Kindly explain. Regards.
adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert) 24 November 2010
Yes client can change his advocate on record, but it is necessary to take no objection from the advocate.
s.subramanian (Expert) 24 November 2010
Kirti Kar Tripathi (Expert) 24 November 2010
Tarun Thakur (Expert) 24 November 2010
There is no law that No objection certificate is required from the previous Advocate. the Party can himself appear in the Court and give statement that he wants to change the counsel..

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (Expert) 24 November 2010
The client is master and he can change advocate at any time, NOC is just formality.
Uma parameswaran (Expert) 25 November 2010
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 25 November 2010
Advocate. Arunagiri (Expert) 25 November 2010
I agree with Mr.Tarun.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 26 November 2010
I also agree with expert tarun
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 26 November 2010
I also agree with expert tarun
Ravindra Nath Tripathi (Expert) 26 November 2010
A party is entitled to change his advocate any time. But all all the high courts NOC is not essential. Wherever NOC essential, a person can demand NOC from his advocate, if he denies NOC, the party can approach to the court and inform the court of his intention to change, and court normally allows a person to change his advocate.
Arun Kumar Bhagat (Expert) 27 November 2010
This is customary to protect the interest of the Advocate.
Suresh Babu Rai (Expert) 30 November 2010
If the Counsel say no to deliver the NOC Vakalathnama, party can appeat before the court and can file a affidavit to permit him to change the counsel with the counsel on record, NOC on vakalathnama is not compulsury..

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query