LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Queries Participated

Rudresha MV   01 July 2014 at 19:15

Gifting property and then taking money as gift


Can I gift one property to my sister through the gift deed registration and then take the money as a GIFT, is this OK? Will it attract the property Gain tax, will it be considered as evading the Stamp duty?. Please help

Brij Mohan Gupta   09 April 2012 at 15:56

Capital gain

ajay have purchases a plot on 25/06/2009 of rs. 1650000.00 and ajay expire in sep 2010, now his 3 son have decided to sold the plot today in rs. 2400000.00, capital gain will be charged ? the all three son income nil in f/y 2011-12 & in 2012-13 aprox. Rx. 75000/- each.
kindly calculate c/g

gaurav   27 March 2012 at 18:50

Agricultural land or not

A land is situated in a village area having a population less then 10,000 people and village is located at 3 kms. away from a big town having 200000 population and village is outside a limit of municipality limit. For being an agricultural land , does it requires also be 8kms away from the limits of municipality limit of a big town?

GREAT ROY   25 March 2012 at 12:28

Tds showing excess

My case has been assessed u/s 143(3)of A.Y. 2009-10 on 29.12.2011 and TDS allowed Rs. 35200/- in place 45900/-. After verification of 26AS, I found that Rs. 65800/- showing as TDS. Could I apply for rectification u/s 154 claiming TDS Rs.65800/- since the case has been assessed u/s 143(3).

madhukar   24 March 2012 at 22:24

Tax deduction

Dear Sirs,
Am employed in public for last three years. My current salary is 3.6 lac CTC & Break Up is(yearly gross-318725, Bonus-12000, leave -12000, P.F employer- 17280). My investement of year 2011-12 are ICICI health saver plan Annual premium Rs 15000/- + LIC monney back Policy- Annual premium Rs 19150/-is & i have taken home loan in nov-2011 for which repaymnet instalment from dec 2011- march-2012 is Rs 36474. Even after this investement (30000/-) & Home loan repaymnet ( Rs 36000/-)+ pf( 17280). my account person says Rs. 6500/- will get deducted towards income tax. is it correct. pl guide

Dharmesh A Gandhi   16 March 2012 at 10:39

Regarding forget password for efilling of itr


How can I reset the password for efilling of Income Tax Return. I hv only PAN Card Copy. I have not any prev years efilled ITR; No Secret question and it's answer. PAN Number is already shows registered at Income Tax site.

pls help me how can I reset the password. I am forget it.

Thanks in advance

ARUNKUMAR V   15 February 2012 at 14:45

Service tax payment exemption of bsnl

I want to know whether BSNL is exempted from paying service tax along with the payment of service bills

for example a concern is doing printing the bills for bsnl and stuffing them into envelops for that they are charging invoice amount with service tax of 10%, but bsnl is not paying the service tax they only pay the amount without service tax.

kindly update me with the notification no, if bsnl is exempted from paying service tax

thanks in advancce

biren shah   12 February 2012 at 14:40

Save capital gain tax

One party booked flat to builder. than give some pyt.(not full) . after than he decide to sale before complete pyt. and before agreement he sale flat and join as a confirming party.

Now Capital gain tax payble or not?

if yes- He purchase new residence and invest this capital gain than capital gain tax payle? (he is owner of 1 res. house)

SUNDRAM   08 February 2012 at 16:43

From 26as tds details


Member (Account Deleted)   05 February 2012 at 20:00

Tax implications: rented house and one's own house

Dear Experts,

Thanks for your help


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query