Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Queries Participated

Muni   17 August 2013 at 19:13

Regarding will

If the Will’s validity is successfully challenged the testator’s assets will be distributed in accordance with the testator’s previous valid Will or (if there is no previous valid Will) the intestacy rules.

Is the above statement true, about using the testators previous Will when last Will challenged successfully, under Indian constitution? Can I get court citation on the same.

Member (Account Deleted)   17 August 2013 at 15:54

Right to property in india after obtaining foreign citizenship

I am a Christian by birth and marriage. I and my husband intend to settle abroad and have filed for PR in Australia and eventually intend to get citizenship of Australia. We have land property in the Mumbai Suburbs. Once we are Australian citizens,
1. will we retain right to such property. 2. is there any legal way for us to know if the other co-owners of our property are trying to dispose of our property without informing us, something like a caveat.

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar   04 March 2012 at 17:43

Official source of use of "satyamev jayate"

Dear learned friends,

"Satyamev jayate" (सत्यमेव जयते) is our national slogan which is visible in all court rooms. The Supreme Court on its official web site uses the slogan "Yato dharmastato jayah" (यतो धर्मस्ततो जय:).

I am searching the official source i.e. the Act / Resolution / Notification / GO etc. by which these phrases were adopted by the Government of India and the Supreme Court.

Kindly help me and oblige. Thanks in advance.

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar   23 September 2011 at 19:20

Reorganization of states

Is Parliament bound to accept the views of concerned States in a case of reorganization or change in the territories or States?

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar   23 September 2011 at 19:10

State reorganigzation

Is Parliament bound to refer the proposal of change in territory or reorganization of States to the concerned States?

VIJAY K. TEOTIA   02 September 2011 at 21:57

Injunction suit-mediation

A party filed civil suit in Bangalore for injunction and damages for alleged using similar trade mark. The court before proceeding further transferred the matter to mediation centre.
My question is how long the the mediation centre can hold the matter in the event of non appearence of respondent. further if the respondent do not appear in mediation, what will be the further proceeding and what effect it will have in the regular suit if case is remanded back to regular court failing mediation. we are respondent in the matter.

pradeep kumar   11 August 2011 at 14:54

Compassionate appointment

Mr X a Central Government employee expired on 27.5.2008. His wife submitted application seeking Compassionate appointment. Since the wife was employed in an aided school and also because of other factors, her application was rejected. On inquiry it was found that the mother (wife of the deceased employee) had mental problems and that she was not supporting her only daughter. The daughter sought the help of Women's Commission and as a result she was put in a hostel. Later the deceased official's brothers took custody of the girl. Practically the girl is an orphan.The daughter, who was a minor at the time of death of the father, on attaining the age of 18 preferred seeking compassionate appointment. Can her case be considered?

Anonymous   09 August 2011 at 16:55

Can i file documents in writ petition which are not the part of record at cat

My adhoc services have been terminated by employer and CAT uphold the ruiling of doctrine of Legitimate expectation as stated in state of Karnatka Vs Uma devi case

But has ignored my submissions of being singled out and victimised by employer on the ground of filing Contempt Petition in his name

I have filed RTI seeking the adhoc ststus of various employees working in Institute which is pending before the CPIO. If reply come whether I should file the copy of the same with Writ Petition before H.C or it is restricted before the same

Normally, a certifcate needs to be attached in which we have to made a declaration that we have annexed documents which are the part of record before CAT. Since I had not filed the document before the CAT.. What should I have to do?.. Filing Review Petition before CAT with document or straight away move to the H.C?

Rahul Singh   08 August 2011 at 22:19

Motor vehicles act

I am appearing for Insurance Co.Car that was insured was parked on left side of road was hit by a motor-cyclist and injured, case was made against the car driver.Driver of car was not having valid D/L.Now I want a ruling on the point that even if the car was stationary/parked there is breach of policy condition with respect to D/L.Please respond immediately as the matter is for Arg. tomorrow.

B.R.MANIKANDAN   08 August 2011 at 21:30


for recalling the warrant personal appearance of accused is necessary or not ?please help me.

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query