LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay   27 September 2021 at 17:47

Sec 143a of ni act is applicable from which date

Hi Every one.
1. Sec 143A of of NI Act is Applicable from Which Date?

2. I have filed a complaint U/s138 of NI Act on 10-8-2018 can I claim Interim compensation U/s143A of NI Act?
Please guide

Ranvijay Chaudhary   27 September 2021 at 17:28

Meaning of sentence

Dear Sir..

No Notice came to Respondant no 1 to 3,

So In the date order the court wrote " Let, notice to the respondents No. 1 to 3, be issued for 1.10.2021 through RC-AD Post, on filing of copy, within seven days. No further opportunity shall be granted, to submit the copy of Appeal, on the prescribed pro-forma."

What is the meaning of this sentence.

raju   27 September 2021 at 15:44


Witness was summoned for production of documents who is known to accused and case u/s 200 pending for evidence of complainant. My query is that can witness bring his advocate as his purpose is to only save the accused so that process of summons may not be issued u/s 204

Member (Account Deleted)   27 September 2021 at 13:51

Ipc 279

Police has registered FIR for rash driving when I hit front my car, it’s just small hit bumper damage, as the other people came hit me, I called police before they came other party agreed to compromise with compensation but thr police registered case against me.

How to quash 279 against? Can police withdraw the case or it has to go trial and contest.

What are my options?

Balaji Bakthavathsal   27 September 2021 at 13:07

Seeking stay order in appeal - res-judicata ?

Dear Learned Lawyers,
In a Civil Suit on an immovable property, as the respondents abstained from the court proceedings, the court awarded ex-parte judgment / decree in favour of the plaintiffs by granting a permanent injunction restraining the respondents not to interfere in peaceful possession of the property by the plaintiffs. At the same time, one of the respondents filed a separate civil suit on the very same property seeking partition which got dismissed by the other court stating that the plaintiff has got no right over the property as she failed establish the facts. While both the suits were filed in the same year, the ex-parte judgment delivered first and after a couple of years the partition suit judgment was delivered.
The person who was awarded permanent injunction in the ex-parte judgment neither contested the suit nor challenged the ex-parte judgment by filing an appeal.
On the contrary , in the suit filed by her seeking partition, she had filed an appeal in the District court challenging the dismissal of her petition and also filed an I.A. seeking stay for the sale of the immovable property.
In my view, the stay sought by her through the IA is not sustainable as she has been awarded permanent injunction which was not challenged by her.
My doubt is whether the IA petition tantamount to res-judicata ? Whether it can be opposed in the appeal ?
Please quite the citation if there is any.
Thanks & Regards

bhanu pratap720   27 September 2021 at 12:28

Necessary parties

Kindly cite some practical examples of ' proper party' .
Is there a difference between a pro forma defendant and a proper party or are they the same ?

Anonymous   27 September 2021 at 12:24

Can a seller sign the agreement to sell from aboard ?

Dear Expert
A property is under consider to purchase by myself.
1. But seller is out of India and due to COVID19 restriction he is not able to visit India immediately.
2. He is not NRI, he is resident indian and lives in new delhi but currently he is visiting her children, who are staying aboard.
3. He wanted to sign Sale Deed without any attorney and come to India, but to ensure the deal to be get completed and his visit will not get wasted, he wanted to sign the Agreement to Sale from aboard.
4. So expert pls suggest is it possible to sign the required agreement by seller from aboard.
5. The seller does not want to use POA. If it is possible then kindly share the procedure. OR if was someone can help me then they can also share their contact too.

Thank You

Anonymous   27 September 2021 at 11:39

Leave &license agreement

Senior experts
In one leave & License agreement (for 11 Months) of a shop the licensee insist on replacing of the word "License Fee" by the word "Rent".
I said the licensee that in that case we have to insert under mentioned clause :
" The provisions of West Bengal Premises Tenancy Act,1997 will not be applicable".
My logic behind inserting this clause is,
As the word "rent" mentioned in the agreement, by inserting this clause, in future the licensee will be prevented to file any suit under "West Bengal Premises Tenancy Act,1997".

Can you share your comment(s) on whether my view is correct or not ?

Ritwik Bhattacharya   27 September 2021 at 11:29

Private limited company moa main objects

Hi sir, Can I Run Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Contractor Business In One Pvt ltd company, Sir Please Recommend This Smiler Type Of MOA, AOA,
Sir I Have A Construction Company , Can I Changed There Moa To Run Civil Construction, electrical, Mechanical contractor business In this company


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query