Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priya   14 April 2008 at 11:43

Divorce after separation

What are the legal rights for me, a married woman who was left in my father's place by my husband? The separation is for 5 years now. I have a mental illness, which was informed before marriage and a document signing the same by the husband is also available. My husband has never earned during our life together, but now I have heard he is earning his living. It was me with my illness who earned during marriage. When I spoke about divorce with my Psychiatrist lack of conjugal love was the reason he put forward. As I am earning only my basic needs, how or when should I proceed for the divorce? Also my father and brother is well settled and don’t want them to be dragged into this unfortunate incident. Even I have a part of my dowry and my earnings saved when ever possible. I don’t want any money to be paid to my husband to get the divorce. What are my chances to get a divorce?

Priya   14 April 2008 at 11:16

Legal rights when abandoned

What are the legal rights of a married woman who was left in her father's place by her husband? Also what are her rights if her parents wants her to leave the house? The husband was not, but is earning and father is retired with pension. This query is not only for financial help but the legal rights of the woman in the situation?

sujeet_rajawat   11 April 2008 at 17:03

Do Reply as this is a Question of Life for someone like us -

Till now I only heard about misuse of law by females.

Now I am victim of it.

One of my best friend got married in Dec 2007¡­he is an engg by qualification and working with a very good MNC at comfortable position.

His was an arrange marriage, As the boy was living in Delhi and family was in Jaipur, so he decided that for first few month he will be living alone in Delhi, will make all the arrangement and then around May or June he will bring his wife along with him.

His family comprise of him, his younger brother lives in Mumbai (Working with a very prestigious company) his sister (married and settled to other city) and Mother and Father. Father is working with a very prestigious bank as branch manager. Overall a well settled and smooth going, god fearing family.

As no one was in Jaipur apart from Mother and Father, so majority of time almost more then 3 months the girl lived with her parents only and boy¡¯s parents also not objected coz they said as she is recently married so must be missing her family. It is better if she can spent time with her family.

Around 10 days back boy got a news that the girl is pregnant, he was absolutely shocked and in sonography report it is showing that the pregnancy is of more then 02 months.

As per boy ¨C On first night itself the girl made a request to the boy that she need some time to prepare herself to get involve with him and he happily accepted that.
The first time they made relation is hardly 1 month back.
He is saying that he is ready to go for any test available in medical science.

Now after sonography report girl is with her family. Boy and his family is trying to maintain communication as much as possible but they are not responding any of their calls.
Once they tried to go to girls place but someone said, she is not available and family is not in town, but they were in town only.

Boy is absolutely shocked and not able to express anything.

We have taken advice from some lawyers also, but they are saying as per law you can not do anything, coz law in India is absolutely in favor of girls.

If she gives birth to child, boy need to take care of him till the age of 18, if child is a boy and if child is a girl boy need to take care of her till she get married.

And if he applies for divorce and girl file a case of dowry, he need to go to jail.

What a great Law we have¡­¡­¡­

This is a request, kindly do advice, How can he prevent himself...

You all are professionals from your field...and Your advice will be highly appreciable......Please give a thought as this can happen to any of us...

He is a very good friend of mine and I know he is not at fault¡­he is getting torture of being innocent¡­¡­¡­¡­

Awaiting for your response.

Kindly do respond¡­¡­¡­ As this is a quesion of Life for someone like us.....

Also if any of you can suggest me some good lawyer in Jaipur (Who can fight this case for boy not only for money but for the right, for the justice)

Sujeet S Rajawat

grinspan   10 April 2008 at 09:14

Husband can claim maintanace from wife - Supriem Court

Respected sir

I am a christian. I would like to apply maintanace from my wife. But no section is in Cr.P.C.I was told about many Supriem Court Judgements said that Husband can claim maintanace form his wife if she is earning and having large land properties. Now, I am not having any Supriem Court judgement copy and their details. Kindly could you provide that details? sothat i can appy for maintanace form my wife. If you give the details to me it would be very helpfull to me and socity too.

VIVEK SHARMA   08 April 2008 at 10:17

False Claims by Bride for Harrassment/ Dowry

Are there specific laws / section where parent's of Male's can go/ file to avoid any false blame by bride in future?

Pls revert along with your contact details (Delhi).

grinspan   07 April 2008 at 13:25

maintanace regarding

Dear sir
I have applied for divorce. I am a christia. Can a christian husband claim maintanace from his wife ? please tell me in detail. sothat will be very usfull to me.

by grinspan

grinspan   07 April 2008 at 13:12

Can Christian Husband claim Maintanace from his wife ?

Dear Sir

I would like to know Can Christian Husband claim Maintanace from his wife?. If Possible please mail me

M.A.T.Ganesan   03 April 2008 at 14:08

divorce inhindu law

what are the activities considered 'cruelty'?

Yognedra singh   31 March 2008 at 18:17

Adopted child in SC family

Dear Sir,

I am a SC candidate and want to adopt a boy as my son who is aged 22 year (28-may-1985. Question is this if I adopt this guy will he be able to access all bebefits of SC provided by Indian Constitution? Since he is not from SC community.
Plz reply at your earliest convinience.
Yogendra Singh

B R 123456   31 March 2008 at 14:50

Divorce Requirement

dear sir

My wife is staying with her parent not coming back. she never respect me. My mother in law used to advice her to split my family and she was threatening me that she will commit suicide and finally she left to her home. I donot like to live with her .We have one kid 6month old . Child with her custody Now I want divorce
But she threat me that she never give me divorce So please tell me what I do , either file a divorce or not, because chances of divorce is not in my favour untill she wants
Please help me out


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query