Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonymous   02 September 2022 at 14:11

Loan recovery after death of the borrower

If the borrower dies due to some medical/ other reasons, then will the family be responsible to repay the amount? Can anybody with expertise in this field provide contact details for discussion and proper advise.

Mohan Krishan   02 September 2022 at 10:15


I need a very junior lawyer
to handle a few of my personal cases in civil and consumer forums in
delhi and gurgaon - basically I will be preparing etc and he will
provide some guidance, coordination etc. Will pay small fees as
a lumpsum or otherwise. If you can help me connect to some of them.
Thanks. Sharad.

Aani Verma   31 August 2022 at 14:18

वाद - विवाद कोर्ट

मूट कोर्ट को आईपीसी और सीआरपीसी के किस धारा में और कहा परिभाषा किया गया गया है |

Anonymous   31 August 2022 at 12:21

Legal heir cert for deceased husband fd transfer to wife?

My father expired in Feb 2022 and did not have a WILL. My father had filled nomination forms for all his assets except for a fixed deposit at his bank. As a best practice my father did sign on the withdrawal section behind the FD.

Now the bank is asking for a legal heir certificate to transfer FD to my mother.

They are refusing to accept, Ration card, passport, marriage certificate as evidence of legal heir to process the FD withdrawal. I understand that obtaining a legal heir certificate or succession certificate is an onerous and expensive affair - what alternatively can be done to sufficie the need?

Would appreciate guidance.

Anonymous   31 August 2022 at 10:01

Pre closure of personal loan

There is a personal loan with a private bank of 12 months term. 4 installments have been paid without any break. I need to pre close it so that there is no financial debt and may be avail finance for business from another bank. I am willing to pay all the remaining EMIs with preclosure penalties if any. But the bank is not permitting it. There is a clause in the loan agreement that the loan cannot be prrclosed. But this looks against natural justice as I am willing to pay all the dues and penalty if any. The liability of a borrower must be to repay with all interest even to the extent of full term. Are there any RBI norms governing this. What is the way out to preclose the loan. Thanks for any good advice

Manjunath   31 August 2022 at 01:58

Reissue notice to complainant

Hi My relative had filed FIR via court on November 2021 against another relative in money cheating case. Court was asking for Further Report/Final Report every month or so from Police.
However, from yesterday in online case status, I saw court remarks as follows-
Reissue Notice to complainant.

What does it mean?

Anonymous   31 August 2022 at 00:23

Parents joint account & recovery of children's loan?

For the recovery of loan taken by children, after the demise of any one parent, could the creditor bank freeze either or survivor joint account of parents under Hindu Succession Act?

Anonymous   26 August 2022 at 22:07

Fabricated & false 498a ipc

My wife has filed 498A at a PS under Barrackpore Court on year 2015. I was in jail for weeks. Thereafter Kolkata high court order to dispose the complaint within one month. On 2015 I was acquitted from the complaint.

On 2017 I got ex-party divorce.

Can I complaint before court to punish her for false 498A complaint against me ?
Is there any limitations period ?
Since competent court dismissed her 498A complaint she should be punished u/s 182 CRPC & 211 CRPC by default.

Please share your valuable advise.

Balaji Bakthavathsal   21 August 2022 at 13:05

Opposing restoration petition of an appeal suit

Dear Learned Lawyers,
I humbly request you to give your valuable guidance / suggestion in the following matter.
As some fraudsters attempted to grab our property with the help of some fake documents, we filed a civil suit in the lower court in the year 2010 seeking permanent injunction restraining the fraudsters against trespassing and mandatory injunction to the registrar for cancelling the fraudulent encumbrances made on our property. Since the respondents failed to appear before the court, the judge awarded an ex-parte judgment / decree in favour of us in the year 2016, granting the prayers sought by us. However, one of the respondent who is a mere power agent who obtained the Power of Attorney from another fraudster and whose power of attorney got cancelled by the fraudulent principal filed an appeal suit in the next appellate court immediately in the year 2016 itself and dragged the suit with the intention of of giving mental torture to us and thereby extorting money from us. We did not yield to expectation and patiently attended the case. However, the appellant did not appear in the court nor his counsel came forward to argue the case. After more than 6 long years, finally the appeal suit got dismissed by default by the appellate court as there was no representation from the appellant side. Now it is learnt that the appellant has filed restoration petition to restore the appeal. The notice is yet to be served to us.
Under these circumstances, I humbly request the learned lawyers to suggest / guide the best means to encounter the restoration petition ?
Thanking you,
With regards

Anonymous   21 August 2022 at 11:57

Regarding money recovery act case


I have filed one recovery act case on a person who is supposed to give money. case is running and reaching final stages. As per my lawyer we will get favorable judgement.

But my lawyer is saying it will be difficult to recover money even after judgement . we should be knowing about the defendants property etc.

But how to get those details. I know that person from long time but having no idea about his properties. I am having his Aadhar card xerox and pan card details.

Pls guide me.