Blank cheque given - threaten by lender to present - reg

This query is : Resolved 

Online (Querist)
23 September 2020

Sir, I gave a blank cheque with my sign and without date and amount for a cash loan of Rs.1 lakh to my relative lender. However I repaid Rs.50,000.00 in past 2 years. Due to some financial situtaion i couldnt repay balance 50,000.00 But today I came to know that he his trying to present the cheque to bounce back and file a case. Kindly suggest me what to do. whether can i approach bank to stop payment for the cheque saying that it is missing. Will it be okay.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900Online (Expert)
23 September 2020


He is your relative so try to convince him and take more time for repayment of the cash loan amount. You can stop payment of the cheque saying that it is missing but he will proceed and file case against you.

Rajendra K Goyal Online (Expert)
23 September 2020

Even if you stop the payment of the cheque, it will still attract the provisions of section 138 NI Act.
Case can be filed for cheque bounce.

Giving signed blank cheque you have authorized the holder to complete it and make you liable accordingly.

It would be better to have amicable settlement.

Dr J C VashistaOnline (Expert)
24 September 2020

Seek his blessings for return of the cheque or face consequence.

Hemant AgarwalOnline (Expert)
24 September 2020

1. Taking or Giving CASH of over 20,000/- is illegal and a Prosecutable Offence under the Income Tax Laws.

2. Bounce Cheque Case CANNOT be filed for illegal transactions.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Rajendra K Goyal Online (Expert)
24 September 2020

One should always avoid giving blank signed cheque even to his most near and dear. It can invite troubles at any time.

P. Venu Online (Expert)
24 September 2020

This forum cannot suggest you to make a false complaint. Any solution ought to be solve the issue truthfully and peacefully.

Sri Vijayan.AOnline (Expert)
24 September 2020

So many imputations.
This platform cannot be used
Consult a local lawyer in person or negotiate with your relative for an amicable settlement

Sudhir KumarOnline (Expert)
25 September 2020

beg for mercy.

krishna mohanOnline (Expert)
25 September 2020

Lender is your relative and in good faith you have given blank cheque though not to be given. Settle the issue with elders amicably and get all cheques returned to you and complaint and notice withdrawn by him.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x