Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Appeal to h'nable high court against maintenence order

(Querist) 12 September 2014 This query is : Resolved 
Can I appeal in High Court against an interim maintenence order under false Domestic Violence case by trial and session court?

One lawyer says it is not maintainable in High Court and my councel told it will work.

Also is there any other way to request High Court for revising the maintainence or setting the order aside like -
1. Discharge u/s 239
2. Criminal Revision appeal

Please sugest.
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 12 September 2014
No application for discharge applies in DV proceeding.

Appeal lies against any order, final or interim passed in DV Case before the Sessions Court u/s 29 of the Act but not in high court.
Adv Archana Deshmukh (Expert) 12 September 2014
When there is a provision for appeal in the sessions court, the appeal in the high court is not tenable.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 13 September 2014
Appeal in the session court.
ajay sethi (Expert) 13 September 2014
file appeal in session court against order of trial court in DV case
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 20 September 2014
first exhaust the remedy available immediately and then look for next step.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query